Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Boggsie2.jpgP1010078-853x640.jpgbear_original

Hello there.  I haven't posted a bear for awhile, as I have been too busy with 3 boys for bearsmithing.  But I finished one this week as a birthday gift for my good friend and fellow TT'er Tami Eveslage.  We had a birthday bear exchange this afternoon and she give me one of her beautiful and very creative teddy bear pin cushions that I fell in love with.  I will take photos of that shortly.......  Here is the bear I made for her.  He (she?) is about 22 inches with a center seam and made of the most gorgeous and dense dark gold mohair, but since I lost the tag, I have no idea what fur it is!    bear_sad   Anyway, he is stuffed with polyfil and pellets.  The bow is hand-made of silk and hand-dyed with strawberry Kool-aid.  My new bear-maker name is Boggsie Bear (my last name is Boggs) and since he is the debut bear under that name, his name is Boggsie!

Here is the lovely teddy pin cushion from Tami.  I love it!!!!

pincushion.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful bear!  Lucky Tami!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Your bears take my breath away. They come so close to perfect in my eyes and your faces are so perfect, they are what I hope to achieve. bear_wub   bear_wub  I think it's the shape of the head and especially the muzzle which is the perfect combination of width and length. Something I never seem to get right in my eyes and am always striving for  bear_flower   bear_wub Lucky,lucky Tami  :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

What a fabulous bear - I really need to pick him up and hug him.  Lucky Tami

Warm wishes
Pauline

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I am very lucky to have such a wonderfully talented and extremely generous friend! bear_wub  bear_wub  I'ts also rather nice to have someone nearby to chat about making bears and someone who doesn't think you are crazy when you want to hold your beautiful new bear on your lap for the car ride to a favorite craft shop! bear_tongue
Connie, your photos are wonderrful. I had just uploaded some photos I took of him, but they don't do this big handsome boy justice like yours do! Thank you!!! I love my Boggsie Bear! He is a boy by the way, pink bow and all!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

bear_wub  bear_wub  I echo everything that Shari said - your bears are just to die for!! I really MUST have one some day (that's if you ever decide to start selling them that is!).

You must be thrilled with your pin cushion bear - he is absolutely adorable!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Tami, real men wear pink!  I'm so glad you are happy with Boggsie.  I know he is in a home where he is truly loved.  I need to take a better photo of your pin cushion.  One outside tomorrow........  Shelli and Pauline, I really appreciate your comments.  Thanks!  Shari, thank you for the very nice compliments.  Soooo good for my ego after so many teddy bear failures.  As far as my head pattern goes, I like to use the center seam with a gradual curve on the center line starting just past the eyes.  This adds fullness to the head and gives a nice rounded shape.  But the side head pattern looks like any other with no darts or fancy tricks.  And Gemma, thank you once again for your kind words.  I am thinking of making a bear for eBay in the next couple months.  When I do, I will let you know!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Gorgeous bear, just stunning!   Love the bear biz name too bear_original

:hug:
~Chrissi

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Just gorgeous Connie  bear_wub  bear_wub  I'm a big fan of your bears, such a sweet traditional look

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Absolutely gorgeous bear Connie - lucky, lucky Tami!!!

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Boggsie is such a wonderful bear Connie......your bears have such soul..its obvious you put a lot of love

and time, in creating them.....beautiful, beautiful face!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

How lucky is Tami.....just wish I lived nearer to you!!!!!

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Chrissi, Sarah, Jane and Yvonne, thank you for such nice comments on my bear!  He did take some time for me to create........  I tend to spend lots of time fussing on the face, going back over and over.  But it is a labor I truly enjoy and it was so nice to see Tami's reaction when I gave him to her.  She will love him for a long time.... as I love her bear.  I told Tami I was going to actually use her bear as a pin cushion, but I don't think I can do it!  He is too sweet to start sticking pins into!!!!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Boggsie.JPG

Boggsie's "new" chair

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh Tami, I so love this bear, he is soooo gorgeous!!!!! I wish I could make a traditional bear like this bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Gorgeous bear and lovely pin cushion!  Beautiful work and what a lovely swap!!

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Thank you, Shari and Paula!  Love the new photo, Tami!!!

Board footer