Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

dogdayafternoon South

Ellen,
  You do not come across as a matron~ EVER.  Your posts are to the point and helpful~  For the artist and all we collectors!   About the excitement for you when selling on e-bay~It's that way for us collectors too.  When we want something, we get it.  Just like you artists, when you want that special mohair for that special bear that has been lurking in the back of your minds for months.  You'll do whatever it takes to get it and make it!   The bidding part makes it even more exciting for us, especially when it's an artist's creation that is to die for and there are 2 or 3 other bidders wanting the same creation!!! And sometimes we can tell when you really put your soul into your creation!!  Ellen, out of all the posts and answers I have come across, yours are the most realistic.  I enjoy reading any thing you post and listen to what you have to say and learn at the same time.  Fondly, Debbie

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Ebay is what it is, it can be a great place to have a business, I have been a member since 1999 and have loved it but it has it's shortcomings, like the topic we have talked about, it can be a horrible place to kill your self worth , the secret as others have said, far better then I , and that is, just do it because you love it and even if you weren't selling on there, you would still have that drive to create.  Ebay has opened up the world to me , I have met the most wonderful people, collectors and artists. Some collectors I feel like they have almost became family. And some of the artists are like sisters to me.  Now as I said it does have it's down side, in the last month I have experienced that , I have a couple people who have taken upon themselves to try to ruin my business, by bidding on my items so to ruin my 800 + positive feedback.  What kind of people do that???????????  They have also taken to watching my posts here on TT.  I have received threatening email and it all started over something I did not do or have any control over.  But life does have a way of making things right, what you put out there will come back to you, ten fold.  (this little gem was from one of those wonderful collectors) They will forever have to ask themselves when things go wrong, "Is this payback for what I did?"

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Oh I know my previous post was a tale of woe and while it is not fun, I am not taking it laying down , I am collecting all that I can and if it continues, we will take legal action.  My husband thinks we have enough now, but I want it to be an open and shut case of harrassment, they will keep it up  and as a wise person said , given enough rope they'll hang themselves.

Board footer