Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I decided I needed a break from life tonight and hubby is away this weekend so I got to watch 'girly movies' without any 'guy' comments! It was so nice! On TV were "Erin Brokovich" and "What A Girl Wants". I'd never seen the latter. It was good and had the right effect (made me cry at the end). And I love anything with Julia Roberts in it so "Erin Brokovich" was very good! I can't wait until hubby goes away again! :dance:

So, I got curious.... what's your favorite "Chick Flick"?

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

Does "A League of Their Own" count as a chick flick?  Or is it a sports-chick flick?

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I like Pretty Woman and Dances with Wolves if you are talking lovey-dovey movies (I am not, generally, a chick flick movie person LOL)

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

OOOO!!  Steel Magnolias!!  LOVE that movie.  bear_wub

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I love Fried Green Tomatoes

I just love the scene where Kathy Bate's character is waiting for a parking spot and two girls cut her off and say something like "Face it, lady, we're younger and faster!" and Kathy's character backs up her car and rams their car about six times and then says "Face it, girls, I'm older and I have more insurance."

Like you could really get by with that in real life but wouldn't you just love to sometimes.   bear_grin   bear_grin   bear_grin

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Notting Hill for two reasons:

1. Its a British movie (I LOVE the British)
2. Hugh Grant.....mmmmmm...yum

bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

French Kiss!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Sam, Hugh is MINE!!!!!!!! I claimed him long ago. In fact he went to the TT Christmas Party with me! (I think that's the photo event he attended anyway!) :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: You'll have to wait until I'm done with him! bear_laugh

Notting Hill is one of my favorites and Fried Green Tomatoes is totally at the top of the list! Yes, Shantell, that's one of my favorite scenes too!

Other favorites:
Say Anything
Sleepless in Seatle
Untamed Heart
You've Got Mail
City of Angels
The Wedding Planner

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

My favorite tear jerker love story, is The Notebook, A must see!!!!
Chick Flick!!!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh The Notebook   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry   I ADORE that movie!!!

An Affair to Remember would have to be mine  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Danni

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

We don't watch many movies but I'm with Shantell - Fried Green Tomatoes is one I could watch again and again!  I also liked the notebook, but James Garner is one of my all time favourites!

hugs,

Brenda

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Daphne, I'm sorry to tell you this - but he only went to the Christmas party with you because it was a chance to get his photo taken with THE Mimzy creator LOL
Sorry - did that hurt??

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

puddinjack Bay Street Bears
Bristol, Tennessee

How about Lake House, and anything with Russell Crowe!! bear_wub  bear_wub  The Holiday with Jude Law... Cold Mountain.... bear_wub  bear_wub Oh MY!!!  Wendy bear_tongue

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Definately gotta be Steel Magnolias, Bridges of Madison County, I liked Bed of Roses (it doesnt get any more "chick flick then that!) Gosh I am drawing a blank here..once I send this, I will think of 12 more *smiles*

Oh I LOVE it when my hubby loads up the camper and heads off for the weekend with the kids. Its not very often I stay home, but it sure is nice and quite...almost erie quiet.

Enjoy your weekend!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

Densteds Densteds
Website

Bridges over Madison County, Out of Africa....I go through a box of tissues each time I watch them...
and an oldie from the 60's, Ryan's Daughter, another tearjerker!!

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

awwwwwwwwww can we share Hugh please, Daphne?  bear_sad
That ok if not cause I have pently others to choose from :P
Such as David Tennant (Latest Doctor of Dr Who)  bear_grin

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

I LOVE Dirty Dancing!!!  I could watch that one over and over again!!
I also love loads of other chick flicks, like Pretty Woman, Shall we Dance, Miss Congeniality, Two Weeks Notice, Love Actually, and lots more!!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
puddinjack wrote:

How about Lake House, and anything with Russell Crowe!! bear_wub  bear_wub  The Holiday with Jude Law... Cold Mountain.... bear_wub  bear_wub Oh MY!!!  Wendy :P

OMG, The Lake House...I cried from beginning to end...won't say anymore for people who haven't seen it bear_whistle

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website
BrozZ BearZ wrote:

Such as David Tennant (Latest Doctor of Dr Who)  :lol:

You were typing at the same time as me!!!!

I also think David Tennant is great - I actually met him before he was in Dr Who, as I saw him as 'Romeo' in Romeo and Juliet at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, and then , by chance, had dinner in the same restaurant as him after the performance, and was able to talk to him and have my programme signed.  I was only a teenager at the time, so it was a real thrill!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Dirty Dancing closely followed by Legally Blonde

...I don't know if you would count Grease as a chick flick but here's one chick who loves that flick.  bear_grin  bear_grin 

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

grease and dirty dancing.... definatly all time classics!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Bridges of Madison County.... how could I forget that one! What an amazing movie.

Kim... Bed of Roses is a great movie..... very chick flicky indeed!!!

Sam.... I'm an only child... I don't know how to share!!! :crackup:  Just kidding!  :)

Danni..... that's ok.... I had alterior motives for taking him also!  bear_tongue

The Notebook..... do you know how hard it is to read while you are crying??? I haven't seen the movie but I've read the book a number of times.

Now I'm curious about The Lake House... will have to rent that one!!

beary_clairey Luton

Well one of my favourites is that great British classic "Pride and Predjudice" with keira knightley - LOVE IT!!!

Also saw "Becoming Jane" at the cinema a couple of weeks ago with the beautiful Anne Hathaway and the yummy James McAvoy.Blubbed all the way through it!!

Last night what was on TV, only "Terms of Endearment" a total classic. I am running out of kleenex ladies!!!

Hugs

Claire

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

'Bridget Jones' Diary' .. the soundtrack is the soundtrack to my previous life!  No kidding, I have lived through all those songs until they became a part of me!  I love this film.  When my marriage was in tatters, my sister scraped me together and hauled me off to watch it at the local cinema ... it was one of those 'defining moments' for me and we laughed until we cried, then we laughed some more.  Now, if ever I'm feeling down, I put dear old Bridget on and she always turns the world back up the right way for me!!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

oh how delicious this topic is....I love:

Pride and Prejudice (A&E version)
Grease
That Touch of Mink (Carry Grant)
A New Kind of Love (Paul Newman)
Bridget Jones Diary
An Affair to Remember

Board footer