Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi Dear Friends. Oh it is a nightmare. We live way out in the country on 13 acres in Beaver County near Tofield Alberta Canada. We got the worst storm Wed. night in 20 years out here. We have been without power, heat, water and telephone for 3 days now.

Roads partially blocked for 2 of those.

The worst part is that I am staying at night with my teenage Grandchildren while
their Mom and Dad are on a vacation. So they also have no power heat etc either! We
are trying to keep 2 houses going with 5 dogs between both and KIDS!

Awe it has really sucked! Garnet bought a generator and we have spuratic
power from that. With out the generator the house is between 0-5 degrees C. inside. So he gave me a few moments to get to my e-mails. I have
good feelings things will improve but once this snow melts in the next few
days the entire county is looking at floods. The county has finally
declared a state of Emergency. About time!

So won't be around for a few days or so but I love all the awesome creations I send my love!!

Hugs Louise

P.S. Pic from our back door Wed. morn.

0a1a101.jpg

This is almost the end of April!! We should have tulips popping up!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Louise,
That's what it looked like here last Sunday and Monday. And once it started to melt last week it also poured rain and the entire state of NH has had major flooding. The entire state was under a state of emergency! Schools were closed all of last week because of it, folks went without power for days as you have been. Not fun and yes, there should be crocuses and tulips blooming right now! The good news it, it's sunny and 70 f here today so have hope... spring WILL come!

Hugs and prayers for you!
Daphne

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oh dear, I can really feel for you  bear_sad   We live in the middle of Missouri, and although a few hearty daffodils have made an appearance, my trees are still naked!!!  bear_sad   By now everything should be totally leafed out, and the flowers come and gone.   Trees tend to be wise ole souls, so I'm really wondering if we'll be getting yet another snowfall before SUMMER decides to finally make its appearance. 

Sending warm vibes, and fingers crossed that the floods won't happen for you  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Louise and Daphne. please stay safe & warm as best you can.  I really feel for you.  We're not warm here in Cali but it's not like THAT.  Sending summery thoughts your way!

Penny's Penchants Penny's Penchants
Naicam, Saskatchewan

Hi Louise.

I saw the news this morning - the amount of water up there is absolutely unbelievable.  My hubby and I snowmobile just north of Smoky Lake so not too far from where you live.

I really do hope things improve for you over the next few days - I can't possibly imagine!  And my farmers think they have it bad here around Red Deer!  I don't think so!

Take care and my thoughts are with you!

Penny

Stellajella Wien

Louise, oh my!
I heard on the news about the weather oversees- terrible!

Wishing you all the best and keep save and warm!
Gaby bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gulp!  Louise, that just sounds totally awful!  I won't add to your misery by posting photos of my yard . . . with its green grass, full-leafed trees, blooming irises, geraniums, gerber daisies, evening primroses, honeysuckle, and lilies - along with the 70 to 80 degree weather.  Nope, just can't do that to you.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  Really, my friend, I feel awful for you and hope that you see better days SOON!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I feel for you, Louise, because I know what it's like to be without power, water, and phones with all the hurricanes here.  I don't know what it's like in snow though.  I hope your power comes back really soon.  Take care.  :hug:  :hug:

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

We were suppose to get the snow but it went to a few other communities around us.  I hope you are able to get power restored soon. 

Take Care Louise and Daphne!

Jane

sarahjane Brisbane

Oh my goodnes....Louise!!! How on earth do you keep warm?????  bear_cry  bear_cry

I really hope that things improve for you all over there really quickly...I can't imagine being that cold!!!!  bear_shocked

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Wow Louise, I was wondering how you folks were getting along! Just think though.....in a month's time, we'll be complaining about the 30+C heat! Don't ya just love Alberta? bear_grin

OH, and by the way, SUEANN.... bear_tongue (just teasing)

Cheryl :rose:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Louise, I feel for you without having power and I hope that it is soon restored.
Thinking of you and keep safe and warm, as best that you can.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

cherylbruinwerks wrote:

OH, and by the way, SUEANN.... bear_tongue (just teasing)

Cheryl :rose:

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Louise, I really feel for you - know just what it's like as we also live on an acreage - never realized before just how MUCH we depend on electricity!!! We were fortunate and only got an inch or two of snow out of that storm - on Thursday night - and it all melted the next day. We had a power outage for 4 hours on Friday but it turned out to be a planned outage to replace some poles - only they neglected to notify us!!! Power went out half way through brewing our morning coffee. Hubby took one look at my face and headed out to the garage with the coffee maker and toaster and fired up our generator (can't live without them in the country!) to finish the coffee and make us some toast for breakfast! Sounds like you don't have a fireplace if it is getting that cold in the house???? Our power here is so unreliable we keep a good stack of wood on hand and can heat the house with the fireplace if we need to - wouldn't be without it either!
Keeping my fingers crossed that you don't get any flooding! (I know all about how that feels too -  bear_sad )

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Louise: stay safe and warm...I hope live gets back on an even road soon.... :hug:  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Please stay warm and safe................ :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

SHEEEESHSHSSH!!!!!!! Louise. my goodness. Such a fairy tale pic for such a dramatic situation.
Box some of that snow up and send it over here. We are desperate for water.  bear_rolleyes  bear_grin
Chin up we are there with you in spirit.
hugs Wendy bear_thumb

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hi Louise,
I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing!!! I am so glad that Garnet got a generator, that will help. I heard that your power was out, we were away for the weekend and then I heard on the news that there were 30 power poles down in your area and that power wasn't espected to be on for several days!!! Just above freezing is too cold to be without power!

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

WOW send the snow here!!!!
We have been told here in Adelaide we have 39 days left of water, and that it must rain.
Our PM tells just to hope and pray but then we see a cleaner at goverment house spraying down the footpaths with a hose. Whats with that.
Any how I hope that your power and heating and phone come back on soon that would be the pits. Keep warm

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh Louise!!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi guys! Oh thank you so much for all the good wishes. We finally got our power back on Sunday. I don't think it would have been so bad other than we were trying to maintain two households. 3 kids, 5 dogs, 3 birds and I dont drive. We live about 20 miles apart so it was alot of driving for Garnet on the lousy roads.

But all is well and now we have a generator should this ever happen again!

You guys are the best and we appreciate you wonderful e-mails more than you know!!

Hugs Louise

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

that picture is totally amazing- here in South Afrtica that is a sight  we do not see, ( with the world weather pattern changing thou who can tell)
Pleased to hear that all is now fine,

Lynette

Board footer