Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

NiokaBears Nioka Bears

Hi Everyone,
I have been busy working on increasing my range of bear patterns and have made them instantly downloadable form my website for ease and convenience. I also have them on ebay and in an ebay store (Where the fees eat you alive!) I am looking for other outlets to sell my patterns at and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if anyone here is interested in selling them at shows or in their shop if they have one etc...

I'd love to advertise them in a magazine to help them along a bit BUT it is a matter of need to sell them first to pay for the ad so it is a vicious circle! LOL!

Hope someone has some suggestions!
HUGS,
Christine

patterns\hamishfull.gif

sarahjane Brisbane

Have you thought of emailing Gerry's or Beary Cheap to see what their requirments are? Or getting around a few craft shops in your area?....or are they only available from the net? Perhaps if that's the case you could look at a flyer of somesort to be distributed from a bear shop or something.....I'm a bit vague I think.... bear_ermm

NiokaBears Nioka Bears

Gerrys do stock 3 of my patterns already and I am about to send them a copy of my new ones to see if they are interested ..... I did contact beary Cheap once BUT never got a reply so assume they weren't interested.... I am hoping to find some overseas outlets ....and no...they are not only available on the net...I do a printed version too! :-)
I am in a country area so there are no outlets around here.....

Thanks for your thoughts!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Christine, you could try "Bears and Bedtime" - a mail order business here in Alberta, Canada - they sell a lot of patterns. Here is their web site:
http://www.bearsandbedtime.com
And have you tried Intercal or Edinburgh in the US to see if either of them are interested in carrying your patterns?

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

You can sell patterns on b4b too.

NiokaBears Nioka Bears

Great Edie....I'll give them a try! I guess there are lots and lots of bear shops around the world which I don't know about LOL....so it is great when you point me in their direction! It's certainly worth a go! I have contacted Edinburgh BUT have not yet received a reply.....will try Intercal as well! Thanks! :-)

I have popped the occasional on on B4B too..... :-)
Thanks HEAPS!
HUGS,
Christine

sarahjane Brisbane

Good luck Christine, I love your bears and the patterns are great too!! It won't be long before you can't keep up with demand!!  bear_original

NiokaBears Nioka Bears
sarahjane wrote:

Good luck Christine, I love your bears and the patterns are great too!! It won't be long before you can't keep up with demand!!  :)

LOL! Now I can't fit my head through the door..... Thanks for the words of encouragement! MUCH appreciated!!

HUGS,
Christine

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

There are a lot more outlets than just Gerrys and beary Cheap in Australia..........there are Philip Ted E bear Supplies, Bear Essence, Bear Mania, The Teddy Tree and Dolls and Bears in the Attic, just to name a few..........there is also some great shops in NZ and you could also consider Lou Mohair in South Africa....who I believe are looking to add patterns to their site......there are also many ways to advertise your patterns in magazines beyond a straight advert if you learn to work with the editors and talk to them.. As an editor I can tell you we are always open to helping artists when we can.......... but the artists have to learn to talk to us and be in contact.

A number of artists have either contacted me direct or taken the time to answer my emails and all I believe, we have both found it worth our time. Even those artists who do not do patterns.

NiokaBears Nioka Bears

Thanks Sandra...I have sent you a PM! LOVE your magazine by the way....I used to advertise in it years ago when I was a 'full time' bear artist!
HUGS,
Christine

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

Dear Christine,

Bernhard from LouBear mohair is looking for someone who would want to design bears using their mohair.  They don't carry the patterns on their own website.  Another company called "South African Bear Company" run by Michaela Rae will sell the patterns and the kits on Berhard's behalf.

They asked me but I had to turn them down because I have an exclusive rights deal with another company in South Africa, but perhaps you could give Bernhard a call. 
His email address is: sales@loubear.com

Board footer