Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi, as a newbie I have decided to try a few bought patterns first to see what I like and to gain much needed practise  bear_grin , so far I have a few lovely ones I've bought and lots of patterns from bear mags, but there is one type of bear I have been looking for and I have finally found it looking at me from a page from a old copy of Teddy Bear Club Int mag Sept 1999.  The pattern is called Oliver ('an attractive 16" two toned, fully jointed bear') as was sold by Teddy Bear Warehouse Ltd, Sittingbourne, Kent.  Unfortunately they only advertised a telephone number which no longer exists.  The pattern was designed by Hyland Bears (which I believe are based in Australia).  I've tried all types of searches on the internet, but only come up with a telephone number for Hyland Bears.  Can anyone help - perhaps one of our beary friends from down under?  :pray:

The pattern is of a young cub bear with dark cream body, inner ears and muzzle and dark brown head and limbs.  Its the short inset muzzle I'm particularly after - I have read some of the posts on the subject, but I need to see it in picture form - perhaps someone could recommend a book with a separate muzzle pattern in. (hope this rambling makes sense!!!!).

Many thanks, Ali x

Lynn Wisconsin

Nancy Tillberg's book "101 Bears to Make" has a section on pattern slicing, getting a contrasting color for the muzzle.  I recently completed her designing your own pattern class and it was very helpful.  Good Luck!

Lynn

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Thanks Lynn I will put that on my shopping list!  :hug:

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Hyland bears have gone through a couple of changes of ownership and I am not sure if they are still around anymore?

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Thanks Karen, saves me trying to phone Hylands direct.  Will try the book Lynn recommended.

Board footer