Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Terry.jpgThis isn't really bear-related, but I did want to share the website I did for a friend.  Her name is Terry Thomas, and she is an EXCEPTIONAL faerie artist, I am lucky enough to have five of her creations in my home, and they just blow me away every time I look at the incredible detailing!

Here's an example of one of her pieces:

Bronte1.jpg

Anyways, she picked the color scheme out and specified the fonts and all that, and then just let me loose!  I am very proud of the site, it navigates easily and is fairly streamlined, and, while I don't know all the super cool effects [hope to take a web design class in the future sometime], she is very pleased with it and the best part---it's simple enough so that she can update it herself!!

So, without further ado, here's a link!

http://thedarkfaerie.com/

She's making me a thank-you sculpt of several faeries in a tree, which I am completely over the moon about!  Just wanted to share my excitement with you all!

Amelia

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

Her work is fabulous!!! Oh my goodness I love her work bear_thumb She is very talented.   Louise

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

those are some HOT dolls. You have real talent girl.
Not bear related but I'm soo glad you've posted.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

You build web sites! really clever, its a good one.  The dolls are gorgeous too.

Pauline

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Loved the website Amelia!! You definitely have reason to be proud and Terry most definitely has reason to be very delighted. :dance: Her work is breathetaking. I am rather smitten by the pod pixies.heheheh
Wendy bear_thumb  bear_thumb

ivuska.h Anavy teddy bears

Hi Amelia,

the fairies are wonderful!

But there is one problem with the website. I don't judge the design because it's quite individual, but the site quite serious fault. I will try to explain it, if you don't understand just ask here or PM or e-mail me.

The headings are pictures only, without alt atributes (text describong what is in the image).
- Why is this not good? Try to write "The dark faerie" in Google, or the artist's name. It founds only sites which are not connected to your friends site. So if someone knows only her name and what se does he is not able to find her website. Because Google cannot read what we see in the pictures, it reads only text. And puts an emphasis on headings inside tags <h1>My Heading</h1> ... <h5>My Heading</h5> (headings of several categories of importance).
- Solution: replace the images, which work as a heading by a heading in the special heading tags. There is also a solution (a sort of workaround) that keeps the image-headings and adds the text heading, but that's more complicated (but I can tell you if you want).

I wrote this post because I study computer science and I am quite an experienced webdesigner. (I read TT because I started making bears a few months ago). I just thought it would be a pitty if the possible visitors couldn't find Terry's wonderful fairies.

Iva

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Iva: I checked your website and couldn't read a word of it but still went across the top clicking each tab...then, of course, I got to the end tab which provides English. But I just wanted to say that I love looking at puppies no matter what language they speak. Precious little babies. bear_wub

ivuska.h Anavy teddy bears

Marlys - yes, the site is primarily in Czech bear_original Sorry for that, I should put the English flag somewhere else... And the puppies say thank you (but they have their own squeaky language) bear_original

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

No...the English flag is fine where it is. I just didn't take the time to scan all the tabs before I started looking. I saw dogs on you heading and with you and a puppy on the page I thought you might breed dogs. They're all very pretty, but you'll find we all love babies here...puppies, kitties, bunnies...any kind of baby. And those pups of yours are so cute.

Welcome to TT.

Board footer