Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

strawberry-head-girl-1.jpgokay, so i know this isn't a bear, but she was made with the skills & knowledge i gained here at teddy talk! she is thread jointed, has tiny glass eyes, and her head & limbs are made of a superfine knit. her dress is cotton & silk on a tiny tiny scale. smaller than any outfit i have ever made! anyway, i was pretty happy with her, so i am sharing her here too!

strawberryheadgirl2.jpg

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

she may not be a bear but she has a contageous smile, shes wonderful x

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Too cute Teresa and I LOVE the mushroom!!!  Great fabrics too!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Love her, love her, love her !

mumka Posts: 80
Website

she is as cute as... strawberrys! bear_grin she has nice stool, too:)
How did you make her dress, by hand or with sewing machine? I was always worried how to make such small dresses :redface:

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

hey thanks everyone!

mumka wrote:

she is as cute as... strawberrys! bear_grin she has nice stool, too:)
How did you make her dress, by hand or with sewing machine? I was always worried how to make such small dresses :redface:

and mumka, i sewed it on the machine for the skirt, and the top and bottom, but when folding in half to sew the last seam i decided i had better control by hand stitching, so i did the ladder/hidden stitch on the outside.

thanks again!

hearts, t

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Teresa, she's terrific!  And so incredibly clever.  Like you're capable of anything else... bear_original

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

She is fanTAStic! Very cute. I love everything you make.

mumka Posts: 80
Website

Teresa,
I thought so, hand sewn dresses looks rather bad. You have great skills with sewing machine! And fantastic ideas  bear_wub

Board footer