Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Hi guys!

Just want to hear how the selling is going on Ebay? Is it slow right now?
I haven't been selling there since... I don't know when!... but I'm a bit curious to try it again though! bear_rolleyes

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi Jennie!
I go out to Ebay everyday pretty much, regardless of whether I'm selling or not.
("market research" bear_whistle  bear_grin )
I personally think it's slowed down a lot.  I've also noticed more last minute bidding rather than strong up front bidding....even for bigger/consistent names.  Anyone else seeing this?? 

Anyone else think that maybe the new bidding system has affected the "thrill of the bid" dynamic or maybe even put off a number of buyers???

:hug:
~Chrissi

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

I'm personally doing ok. I've been lucky enough to get at least 1 bid for the amount I put down which is really not alot considering all the work I put into them, basically covering for the supplies, but some people out there love the bear and that means alot to me bear_wub

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Honestly, I think that eBay always slows down a bit over the summer since people are traveling, going to BBQ's etc.... with the nice weather, who wants to sit in front of a computer?  Well... me for one... but certainly more people are outseide enjoying the fresh air and gardening. 

As for last minute bidders... oh absolutely... that's really a trend that I've been seeing more and more in the last year or so.  On my auctions people jump in during the last 10 seconds, and my ending bid sometimes doubles or triples what it was at in the morning.  So, unless you are looking at completed auctions, sales can really seem to be down, since you are just getting an image of what sales are like when there are several days left. 

I just try to look at my average sales over a period of 6-12 months to get an idea as to how I'm doing.  I have a few that soar and a few that bomb, but my overall average sales are pretty steady.   bear_thumb

Since this is not the primary source of income for my family, I guess I feel like as long as I am covering my materials, costs, and fees.... then I am actually getting PAID to do something that I LOVE to do... and you can't beat that!  Certainly, if one is making a living at this pursuit, it's a different story though, and you have to think about the cost vs. income thing in an entirely different way. 

Kim Basta

Nina Maryland
ChrissiCatherwood wrote:

Hi Jennie!
I go out to Ebay everyday pretty much, regardless of whether I'm selling or not.
("market research" bear_whistle  bear_grin )
I personally think it's slowed down a lot.  I've also noticed more last minute bidding rather than strong up front bidding....even for bigger/consistent names.  Anyone else seeing this?? 

Anyone else think that maybe the new bidding system has affected the "thrill of the bid" dynamic or maybe even put off a number of buyers???

:hug:
~Chrissi

Hello! What is the "new bidding system" that you are referring to? Is this the system where bidder IDs become anonymous after certain bid amounts are reached?

I've also noticed a slow-down. Many talented people are not getting the bids that they've normally been getting. I wonder if it's the summer or perhaps the rising gas prices. I know that here in Maryland, we're getting a big hit on our electric rates, with rates rising by at least 50% this month.  Everything seems to be going up, other than wages.

bear_sad

Board footer