Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kate Kates Mates
Malua Bay

A year or two ago, a friend of ours brought back a bear from overseas - a delightful little critter reclining on his back and elbows.  A real cutie, and sorry, I muffed the photo so I don't have one to show.
What is special about him is, that instead of a growler he has a 'snorer'.  Moreover, whatever the device is, it raises his belly up and down with each snore.  Needless to say, it's battery operated and the sound/motion is triggered by touching him on the belly.
Has anyone ever seen one of these devices or more importantly, have an idea where they might be bought?  Our bear group would dearly love to know.
Bear hugs,
Kate

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

i have seen those snoring devices in a sleepy ernie(sesame street character) so maybe they "salvaged" bear_whistle  it from one of those toys
i havnt seen them anywhere else before

kate Kates Mates
Malua Bay

Many thanks for shedding some light on the 'snorer'.  And it's quite possible it was a 'salvage job'.
It is a beautiful little bear with the most gorgeous droopy eyelids and we all had ideas on what we'd like to create in a similar vein - and who we'd give them to!  But his dear little belly rising and falling with the snore just blew us away completely.
Perhaps one day some enterprising person will come up with something we can use in bears.
In the meantime, ta for the info.
Bear hugs
Kate

Board footer