Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

lulubears Posts: 280

Can someone help me with a computer problem?  Every time I send an e-mail, it arrives at it's destination completely blank!  Doesn't seem to make any difference if there is an attachment or not.  On a rare occasion, one might go through.  I just sent out a bulk e-mail and already have had several people write back and say it arrived blank.

Suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Luann

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

what program do yoiu use for your email? outlook? I have seen that happen before... when I sent out an email to one of my customers, my signature has graphics in it. She got it ok, but when the reply came back to me it was blank.It has happened several times with the same person. Then I noticed that the graphics from my original message was missing. It seems like her email program is set up to recieve text only so since my email to her contained graphics and html, she never saw those parts and her replies came back blank.... so I tried sending her a text only email and she replied and it was just fine. Don't know if that helps or gives you any ideas, but I hope so.
Hugs
Sonya

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I can't help you with your email problem, but I was wondering how you're doing with the flooding in Austin.  Is everything OK for you?

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Luann,
     I'm no help, but try duplicating your post in the Technical Help section.  Quy is pretty quick to respond to questions and as a computer whiz, he might have some suggestions for you.  Sorry I'm so useless with computers.

hugs,

Brenda

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

oh boy, I have no idea.

But I do work in IT, so I'll ask around to my co-workers to see if anyone has a solution. Just need to know what email client you are working with.

lulubears Posts: 280

Thank you to everyone that wrote.  After reading the responses, I couldn't get into my e-mail at all, and was about to pull my hair out.  (what is left of it)  Anyway...I figured it out!  Thank God, because I was ready to start firing the BB gun at the computer.

Somehow, the e-mail setting had been changed to HTML.  It only took me nine forevers to figure out what was wrong, but now it's fixed.

Now, all I have to do is figure out the difference between "plain text" and "rich text".  Once I have that mastered, I'm going to consider myself as computer literate.  Ha!

Thanks again!

Luann

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Luann,
     I'm so glad you got your problem figured out!  It must be a relief.

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer