Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

We spent one week in England (far too short, I confess).

We took the ferry-boat from Caen-Ouistream to Portsmouth.
We first drove to Stratfor-Upon-Avon, after a short break in Bicester Village (I wanted to go to Polo Ralph Lauren store to buy some jumpers, but as it was Summer, prices was far too expensive  bear_cry ; but we found some great gift for one of Malko's sister in another shop).

Stratford-Upon-Avon is Shakespeare birth town. This is really a beautiful town, which I loved a lot. The weather was very rainy, but these was numerous showers so we manged to take some photos.
We spent only one night in that town, in a lovely B&B, exactly the kind of B&B I was dreaming about : typicaly British.

stratfordbb23juil11bs9.jpg

stratfordbb23juil31li5.jpg

stratfordbb23juil21gp7.jpg

We had dinner in a great pub. We visited a little bit the town but did not visit any museum. We visited some antique centers. Malko bought a beautiful gusset watch made something between 1862 and 1870. I found a lovely charm for a bear...

We visited too a very surprising shop named the Creaky Cauldron (does make us think about the Leaky Cauldron in Harry Potter stories). This strange shop was proposing lots of magical stuff : strange sweets, lots of dried herbs, boxes to cast spells, etc...

stratfordville24juil81zv2.jpg

stratfordville24juil41os3.jpg

stratfordville24juil11vc6.jpg

And this one is the birth house of Shakespeare :

stratfordville24juil61gk6.jpg

Me near a huge Merrythought bear in front off the teddy bear shop :

stratfordours24juil11zw2.jpg

In the bag I carry on the picture, 3 great jumpers (in pure wool) and a Scottich woolen picnic blanket i bought from the shop Edimburgh Woolen Mill (I was lucky because the jumpers had some great discounts).

Part 2 of my report to come soon!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

GREAT PHOTOS, SOPHIE!!!  Love the pics you took and your commentary.  Looking forward to more.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

bear_tongue Sorry to say, but the Ralph Lauren clothes were probably the normal price for the UK: our costs are extortionate!  I know, for example, a foundation brush by Estee Lauder I own was less that half price when I bought it on a American base in Germany bear_tongue

I'm glad you had a good time though!  We do have some good stuff, if not our prices XD

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Well, Chloe, that was not the first time I went to Ralph Lauren store and the first time I went there, in 2004, I bought some great cotton jumpers for quite fair prices (I am sure I would not have bought them if they were the price I saw there this Summer!!!).  bear_tongue

Thanks for your lovely comments, girls! They mean a lot to me.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Stellajella Wien

Sophie,
great pix of a great place!
I´ve been there 4 or 5 years ago and I´m planning to go to Stratford again, because I so loved it.
Unfortunatelyn they did not have this strange shop, it sounds very tempting!

Gaby bear_flower

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Sophie...You should have dropped me a line..I live very near to Stratford..I could have given you a guided tour! Nice pictures....glad you enjoyed it!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, really? Jenny, I am sorry, but I did not know you were close...

I posted in the general discussion about our holidays, but only Pauline and Kim answered, so I thought no one else was interested to meet me.

Maybe next time, Jenny.

Thanks for your comments.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
lapousmor wrote:

Well, Chloe, that was not the first time I went to Ralph Lauren store and the first time I went there, in 2004, I bought some great cotton jumpers for quite fair prices (I am sure I would not have bought them if they were the price I saw there this Summer!!!).  bear_tongue

Thanks for your lovely comments, girls! They mean a lot to me.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Lol, the summer ones are probably woven out of dolphin hair or something bear_tongue

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Ohh, so beautiful I want to go too. Thanks for showing us.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

That's what happens when I don't pay attention..I am sorry too!! :hug:

Board footer