Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

P1010023-1000x874.jpgHi all.  I just finished air-brushing these two bears yesterday.  The larger bear is made from a gorgeous dense cream swirly mohair that I also hand-dyed a soft pink for the arms and legs.  I was going for a very light pink and it ended up being a little darker and more peachy than I expected but I still liked the color.  I also dyed the fiber for the nose to match.  P1010025_900x936.jpg

The smaller bear is made with a very VERY ratty mohair that has black fiber woven into it.  It was a little more golden initially and I over-dyed it in a burnt orange bath to bring out more orange.  He will be a Halloween bear when I come up with some accessories for him.  He is a new pattern for me - I have been wanting to switch to a 2-piece body pattern and I also changed the arms a little bit.  More of a bend and bigger upper arms for him. I don't think this mohair is available anymore and I like the finished effect but I have to say that it was difficult to work with on the face area.  After trimming the muzzle, the black hairs were very noticable and I really had to work and fuss to get the muzzle rattiness to match the rest of the bear.  Anyway........... 
P1010030_900x674.jpg

So both bears are made from mohair I purchased from Jane Perala on eBay.  She is selling some of her stash and I really love the pieces I got from her.  Both bears still need accessories - AND NAMES!  The two parts of bear-making I struggle with the most!

OOPS!  Sizes...........  the bigger one is big!  About 22 inches.......  and the smaller one is about 14!

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

I forgot to mention the worst thing that happened when I was making the smaller bear.  I had just enough, and I mean Just Enough- mohair to make a 14-inch bear.  So I cut out all my pieces and then laid them out.  Then I realized one of the leg pieces was going the wrong way!  So I had to take all my tiny scraps and piece them together to make another leg piece.  So one of the inner legs is made out of 6 scrap pieces!  Because the mohair is so ratty, it is hard to tell the difference - luckily.....

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I love them both Connie-your bears have such lovely faces and expressions bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
That is one of my fears-cutting out your pattern and hoping that all the pieces are the right way around.I usually check them and check them again.If it is going to happen it is always when you only just have enough mohair in the first place bear_shocked
Laurie :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ahhhhhhhhh, so lovely.  I missed your glorious work.  So glad to see some ConnieB bears again!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Connie, they are wonderful!  I absolutely love the pink and white one and normaly I am not someone who goes for coloured bears.  Well done.

hugs,

Brenda

Lynn Wisconsin

Connie, these two are adorable.  Their faces are so sweet.

Lynn

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

Hi ConnieB,

great great great! I love both of your bears! I like the colours from the larger bear very much!
Both of them have sweet wonderful faces  bear_wub !
Fortunately you could finish the smaller bear with his leg! I know this situation, too  bear_whistle

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

They a both fantastic Connie....your bears have such lovely expressions!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

I know that sinking feeling when you cut a pattern piece wrong....but glad you managed to finish the him.....

Wonderful work!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Beautiful work Connie. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Now these are what teddy bears are all about for me ... beautiful. bear_wub

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to comment on my two new bears.  You've made my day!  Heck, my week!!!!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I love these two beautiful bears - everything about them is wonderful from their very soulful faces to their lovely cuddly bodies.  Gorgeous work.

calabear Cala Bear Den
Winnipeg, MB

They are absolutely beautiful...well done  bear_wub  bear_wub 
I thought that only happened to me, cutting out too many of the same pattern and having almost nothing left of the fabric.  I've done my share of piecing together just to get a leg or inside arm.... :redface:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I love these bears!!! I really love the little guy and I can't wait to see his accessories!
Connie, we should do lunch soon.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Absolutely adorable, Connie.  Great idea to fix your leg problem.  I don't know if I would have thought of it.  I can't wait to see your little bear bear in his Halloween duds.

Kathleen Pa

WOW, I love both of them.  I really like that burnt orange  mohair you used,  it makes him look well loved!

Kathleen

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

That pink panda is to die for lovely, She just looks so soft!!!

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi Connie...your bears are always a joy to look at...I love the little brown bear. Can't wait to see the finished pieces.

Hugs, Nancy

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

truly utterly lovely - I particularly love the pink girl, she has the softest kindest expression.  I think you are very brave airbrushing, I'd be so scared of messing it up - but she is a true teddy  bear_wub  bear_wub

HUGS
Catherine
xx

mickeyflip Sunshine Coast, QLD

They're both beautiful!!  But I do like the little brown one the best :)

Did you see these beads on b4b?  You mentioned that you wanted the little one to be halloween themed and I've never seen beads like this before!  Even if you don't buy them, perhaps it's some food for thought?

http://www.bid4bears.com/auctiondetails.php?id=1908

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Connie, your bears are perfect as usual. I do so like your work. I don't think I could choose between them but the little guy really appeals to me.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Connie they are both wonderful creations bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Densteds Densteds
Website

Connie,

What sweet gentle faces they have...they're just how real teddy bears should look... congratulations, beautiful, beautiful work!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: ,

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

What a pair of gorgeous bears  bear_wub  - I must admit a softer spot for the smaller one thou  bear_grin

Hugs Ali x

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Perfect, perfect teddy bears!!  I love your style bear_flower  The littler guy has SUCH a great expression...so soulful bear_wub

:hug:
~Chrissi

Board footer