Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Of course I am into something new once again and having fun playing. Over the last few days I have been making these teddy bear brooches from fimo clay.My hands have been getting a good massage from all the rolling of the clay.

One would think I have nothing to keep me busy,

Lynette

DSC01371_fimo_brooches_640x480.JPG

mickeyflip Sunshine Coast, QLD

Wow, they're SO cute!!  You're definitely a natural!

Lynn Wisconsin

Lynette, those are adorable.  You are so creative.

Lynn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Very cute! Lynette you are clever, those teddy bear brooches are really lovely. They would make super little gift at Christmas.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

they are fabulous, I know how hard it can be to model with Fimo - you clearly have a talent for this  bear_thumb  bear_smile

:hug:
Catherine

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Omigosh! I love the big golden one in the middle. It looks like a real teddy bear! I have a hard time telling it's made from clay! Wonderful job! They're all cute! bear_wub

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

They're great.  I bet working with the clay does keep your hands limber.  Good job they all have little personalities. bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Excellent work, Lynette!  Great stocking stuffers!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Fantastic work Lynette love them all :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

What wonderful work Lynette, you really do have a talent.  Well done  :clap:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Very cute!!! bear_grin

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

oooh I made a polar bear last night - he is baking right now.

For anyone wanting to try- heat your Fimo/Sculpey clay by rubbing it in your hands. Some colours just crumble and are horrid to try using. Nancy from EZ Bear university suggests that you keep it in your pocket during the day taking it out and rubbing it till you get it pliable.
I found leaving mine in the sun (wrapped in plastic) helped speed up the process- tried to microwave and most of it just crumbled, tried leaving it on the outside of a hot tea pot and this helped a bit, was not the greatest way either- seems like it is your hands that have to do all the hard work.

Keep washing your hands thru the process and use a bit of powder on your hands to prevent them getting too sticky.
I make a sausage and divide it into 4 equal parts. I roll a small ball for the body. The other two pieces first get rolled into a ball  and each one is then rolled into a sausage- the ends are then shaped into the paws and you divide the sausage into half. When you attach them to the body you push them on and this will give the body some shape.
The ball for the head, you cut off about a 1/4 of it for the ears. The rest you slightly shape and taking a small piece of another colour you roll a smaller ball for the nose. Onto this area you can take a small piece of black clay and shape a nose and with a tooth pick mark the mouth. Take two small balls of black and use them for the eyes.

The piece you have cut from the head, divide into two and make small little balls. Cup these and attach to the head.

You can then roll out another colour to make a bow, ribbon or scarf around the neck.

With the Fimo I bake in the over at 130 F for about 40 minutes- the longer you leave it in the oven the harder it gets and it will take on a darker colour.

Making bears helps with you getting the shapes. At the back of these critters you can attach a brooch pin, magnet or poke a hole in the head before baking and attach a gold string if you want to tie them on a Christmas tree.

Like most bear creating it does become addictive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you improve with each one.

I think I have got this all down and hope you understand what I am getting at.
( when baked it all "sticks" together- so I do not glue on the parts.)

This is my method and what I used for these critters pictured and I am still learning.

Lynette

puca bears puca bears

These are just gorgeous, Lynette....boy are you one talented lady!
huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:

Board footer