Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi, I would like to know if you can't get to a post office to weigh your bears everytime one is made so they can be put on selling sites. How do you weigh your bears. Would a regular bathroom scale do?  :hug:

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

When I signed up for Stamps.com they sent me a free digital scale.  I have since moved on to USPS online, but still use the scale.  I weigh the bear and all the packaging material at the same time, and then round up a bit for good measure when I pay the postage online.  The website enables me to print a postage paid label that the post office is happy with.  It can be printed on special form paper that is sticky-backed, or even plain paper is OK with the PO.  I don't leave packages in my mailbox because some of my neighbors have had packages stolen from their boxes during daylight hours (the audacity!) I could arrange for the mail carrier to pick up packages for free, but I have not been that organized yet.  it just seems easier for me to take the boxes to the PO.  I do have to stand in line, but the transaction is quick once I get service, and the online prices are a bit less than the PO charges.  I think it would work OK to use a bathroom scale if you were sure it was accurate.  You might want to round up to the next pound to avoid your collectors having to pay postage on your package.  If you have a food scale, that might work too.  I hope you find a good solution.  I also hope I have not supplied too much unnecessary info.  :redface:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I use a small shipping scale that I purchased about a year ago online, here's the link: http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/index … ProdID=244

:hug:
~Chrissi

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I have a digital scale that goes up to 5 lbs. For anything over that I use a baby scale(up to 25lbs) that I picked up at a yard sale. For the most part you just need to know if it's under a certain wgt. For instance from 2 to under 3 is the same price depending on destination. If it's a big package they now have surcharges so you have to watch for that.

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

You can use a food scale too.. I have a little digital postal scale that I got at an office supply store. I think it was under $20.

Hugs!
Melanie

Board footer