Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I just booked him in for the big snip on Monday  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry I know he will be okay and its better for him, and me since he has started marking around the house  bear_whistle  but...hes my baby!!  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
I haven't shown you all him for ages since I've been away for so long, so here is an update.....

26.jpg
46.jpg
43.jpg 
39k.jpgAwww...you're not showing that one!!! 
14.jpg
4k.jpg enough with the photos already mum!!  (he's pulling on the camera handle  bear_tongue
aint he beawdiful  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

BTW...for those who are wondering...there is nothing wrong with boys wearing pink...and its a skort...boys wear skorts you know.   bear_tongue  bear_grin  (taken from legally blonde tehe)

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Hello Sarah!

I've been meaning to ask you to post new pics of Pippin! I am curious to see how well papillons age during their puppyhood. Some pups can start to look awkward if you know what I mean! At least my collie did for a few months! bear_tongue  Pippin looks just as cute as ever though!  bear_wub I'm thinking of getting a papillon in a couple more years, which is why I'm interested in seeing his pictures! He's just a dandy of a fellow!
Oh, the poor dear...I remember when my collie had his "snip, snip" procedure...he milked it for all it was worth and had us waiting on him for a few days afterward till we realized he was faking his symptoms due to the attention and sympathy he was getting! bear_grin Such a scamp! bear_rolleyes
I'm sure Pippin will recover just fine....and after a few weeks the dog usually will stop doing the...ahem...annoying things that male dogs like to do! bear_whistle
How old is Pippin now? And how much does he weigh? And did you get him from a pro breeder, a backyard breeder, a pet store, or shelter?
Keep us posted on his vet experience. bear_flower

Australia

Hi Eliza!!
If you PM me your email addy I can send you some more photos...I've got a few emails of photos that I have been sending out to friends as he grows and I still have them so can easily send them to you.  There is one of him in the bath that is so so cute and funny, he would die of embarrassment if I showed it here so you have to email me tehe.  bear_tongue

Papillons are the bestest I am totally besotted....but don't think I am totally biased when I say that he has always looked cute, and never been in "no mans land" territory lol.  You have to like big ears (lol) but they sort of grow on you and you don't even realise they are big..I think other dogs have small ears now haha.  And with all the fringing they end up with, they are a very pretty and graceful looking dog...very cat like in how dainty their movements and paws look, but still all dog.  Their personallity...I thought I could never like another breed after having two jack russells who are full of personality and mischief.  Pap's are much quieter, so nice!!!!  But they still have spunk and personality so they are far from boring.  He does so many funny and cute things, always has us laughing.  But he isn't naughty, easily trained and toilet trained.  The perfect package if you want a house dog who is by your side all the time, quite enough, but not dull....um...what else can I say...he is perfect! 

I'm sure Pippy will do just the same as your collie...well, maybe not coz all he wants to do is get up and get the other dog of our house Spike playing...here is a funny photo...he loves to climb over Spike and go for a ride staying on his back.  Hes stopped doing this over the last couple of weeks...I think its coz a certain part of his anatomy has grown larger lol  Luckily Pip hasn't been doing any of the icky stuff male dogs do.  This is the first time he has marked over the last 3 days around 4 times.  Sigh.  That will stop I hope.  He still doesn't raise his leg so that will be funny if he squats always lol.
35.jpg

um...other questions you asked...Pip is just over 5 months....he weighs almost 4 kilos....and yes, registered breeder...the only way to go and i reccommed everyone go this way.  (unless you go to the pound and rescue a dog) I chose him at 8 days old, don't i have a good eye lol, and could go see him whenever i wanted as he grew.  asked the breeder all sorts of questions, and still do.  everything has to be up to standard, and you can see where they are kept etc....i hate the idea of not knowing where you get puppies from with all the puppy mill stuff :(

anyway...I could go on forever about my little sweetie...so, I'll stop myself here  bear_rolleyes
21k.jpg 19k.jpg

Talk soon Eliza :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh, Sarah so you decided to do it, poor little boy, I'm sure he'll be ok. Give him a big hug from me, he's an absolute sweetheart.

Hugs Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Sarah, Your baby boy is just so adorable.  He will be fine after his little operation.  We had Muffy done at 6 months, as the Vet said this was around the perfect time if you are going to have a little boy done.  I was so nervous the day he was done, and couldn't concentrate on anything.  When I picked him up I was in tears I had got myself in such a tizzy.  I was so amazed at how quickly he recovered.  The Vet said to keep him quiet for several days - totally impossible.  He recovered beautifully, and has always been a perfectly mannered little boy - if you know what I mean!!!  Muffy is now 7 years old and has always squatted for wees, never cocked his leg.  He is so pretty that everyone always calls him a girl.  With his squatting, goodness me, it is hard to explain he is not.  Your little boy will be fine, and it is perfectly normal to be a very nervous Mum.

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

LDtbf.jpgHi Sarah , I recognised those doggie features straight away ..... that little string tail , and the big ol' ears  bear_grin
What a gorgeous baby you've got . I hope you won't mind me posting a pic of my Pap ; Lilah . She is 5 yrs old now , and
every inch a lady  bear_laugh  She's very prim and proper (and precious about her feet and tail !!) Seen here with her little "sister" (Chi') Delphi
who has grown her ears to match ! I would have to say Papillons are the most bootiful , intelligent , gentle dogs - but I'm not biased  !!  :crackup:
Huggies for you and the dogs ,
Ruth  :hug:

P.S I meant to say it's nice to talk to someone else besotted with Paps - hardly anyone has them in this country !

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Sarah, he is adorable, he will do fine.  :hug:  :hug:

Australia

Arghhhh!!  bear_laugh  you have one to Ruth  bear_grin  aren't they amazing little doggies  bear_wub  bear_wub  You know, I was searching for a little dog to keep me company while i was ill.  I was thinking of a cavalier, cocker spaniel, yorkie, lasa or one of the cavapoo new designer breeds...but, nothing fit me...too big, too active, etc etc.  then, one day i came across a litter of paps in a pet shop window...they were so quiet and looked like little foxes, i loved the but they weren't the jumping up, yapping, love me love me dogs that beg you to take home...but they left an impression i didn't forget.  anyway, a few months later i saw another, and i was so tempted to buy it, he just stared at me...he really touched my heart and i knew i would really like a dog like that, not only for the cuteness, but the temperment....so, i then looked into them properly and found out how perfect one of these little dogs would be for me, quiet, dainty...they even train them to be service dogs.  and to boot, the name means butterfly, which is one of the types of bears i make, it fit so well.  so, decision made, i looked on the net for breeders, and can you believe, that very day a breeder 20 mins from me was having a litter!  this was so rare!!  all but one pup was sold, so i put my name down, went to see him a week later and had a choice out of 4 pups.  he was the first one i held and even going through them all, he was the perfect little guy.  .....and, the rest is history  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Ruth your little girls are gorgeous!!!  And Lilah is just the colouring I wanted Pip to be at first.  There was a UTube clip and the dog looked just like yours...and I wanted that dog!  But i liked the black too...surprisingly Pip was much darker as a pup.  the breeder said they change colour tones till they are adults.  I hope Pippy looks as beautiful as your Lilah when he is grown up  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Christine, so cute about Muffy.  I think he will get alone so well with my little Pippin tehe.  I know I will be a mess come monday!!  Not looking forward to it.  I even asked for the vet I like the best to perform the surgery.  He will be 6 months on the 14th

Ellen, 22 dogs!!!!  yikes!!  thats a lot of potty training lol  rag doll cats are so cute!!! 

Jane, yup....it was such a hard decision, but then when he pee'd in Spike's (my sisters (his mums)) room, the kitchen and the family room I thought, nup...I just finished potty training him!!  he will look much prettier without a certain you know what anyway lol.   :rolleyes:

Just saw your message...thanks Karen  :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

He is adorable!  I know how you feel about him.  It's hard to do what has to be done.  My vet assured me that it was harder on me than it was on Wynnstan.  When I picked him up, you would have never known anything had been done.  He was just ready to go home and play.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ahhh darling Sarah!

So good to see you back here....you have been sorely missed, love.

Ellen!!!!!  22 pups?  How on earth do you feed them all, it must get hectic at times!  WOW!!!

Sarah he will be fine, and hopefully wont keep spraying now that he's "Not half the man I used to be......there's a shadow hanging over me.....oh i believe in yesterday......

What do you mean Neutering wasn't what John and the boys meant.....I am sure it was.....no?

My son hated that I would sing that whenever we tok a cat or dog in for the job.  the vet thought it was funny, but my son had no sense of humor.,....got it from his father, poor lad......

Hope you are getting better and stronger and that we will  see you again soon

gollyslobberkisses with a towel

dilu

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Sarah he is simply adorable!!!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   And I know what you mean... every time we had one of our Girls in for the big snip, I was a basket case  bear_wacko

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

What a sweetie, he will be fine!! You will be going crazy!  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Pippin will be just fine, I'm sure. I think it's more traumatic for US!!

And there's Spike!!!! bear_original They are both so cute.

Going to have to find a tuxedo costume for you to put on Pippin after his procedure so he can hang on to a bit of his manlyness.... all that pink!  bear_tongue  bear_grin

Keep yourself busy on Monday..... confirm with the vet they are going to closely monitor him while he's under and use the least amount of anestheisa possible (that's the part that always concerns me!). When Riley was done (and he's not going to like me sharing this publicly) he had one testicle the size of a little pea that they had to spend 25 extra minutes searching for... so he was under longer than he should have been but he's fine!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug: For you and Pippin!

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Oh my goodness, he is sooooo sweet!! That is the kind of Dog I want to get! bear_original you are lucky to have such a sweetie bear_original bear_original he looks like a really little mischief maker .. heehee.  bear_grin I was a stress ball when I took my Maine Coon, Ghost, in to get fixed.. It was tramatic.. for both of us.. he got so upset waiting in his cat carrier he ripped out his fnt claws trying to get out! I was not too pleased about that! Anyway, I'm sure your baby will be fine bear_original *hug*

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Oh what a cute and pretty puppy Sarah! I'm sure he will be fine and I agree, its prettier without  bear_rolleyes  bear_tongue

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Pippin is so adorable Sarah.
Best of luck for Monday and it will be for the best and you and he will be fine after it is all over
and back home.

Hugs
Carolyn

:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well Sarah, your little fella is just adorable....Pink and all....hope the "snip, snip" day goes well.

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Hi Sarah,
I agree with Daphne, I think it's much more traumatic for us than it is for the doggie.  I remember I was a mess when we had Woodley done and got a shock when I first saw his stitches, but Woodley took it all in his stride.  Don't worry, you are doing the best thing for Pippin - he'll need some TLC when he first comes home, but he'll be right as rain in a couple of days - they get over it really quick.  I'll be thinking on your little boy on Monday  :hug:

Board footer