Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

titch-tt2.jpgtitch-tt.jpgI have finally finished my first miniature that I made for the outside your comfort zone challenge :dance: .I am pleased with the way he has turned out.He is called Titch and is 5 inches high and is big compared to other minis but I was happy to make a bear of this size.They take as much time to sew as a bigger bear but I must say I am hooked and am now going to do some more and hopefully get them even smaller.Smaller bears can show up any little flaws more easily than a bigger bear but I think that part of the challenge in making them is knowing this and having to be precise with your work.I hope you like him.
Laurie :hug:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Well done Laurie. Lovely job. What fabric did you use? If you do go smaller get easy to use fabric like long pile ulpholstery. Good luck!

Lynn Wisconsin

Beautiful work Laurie.  He is adorable.

Lynn

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

He's great Laurie!!!!  5 inches is a great size to start out with if you haven't make minis before.  He's fabulous!  :clap:

Kim Basta

wilma Posts: 51

He is adorable! I love the expression on the face! Did you use copic markers around the eyes to put the darker colour? I'm curious if you are gonna make even smaller ones now, because when I made my first mini I wanted the next ones smaller and smaller...

bea Lodve (Hrault)

absolutely adorabl, great work!!!.. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh Laurie he is lovely, well done, they are very fiddly the smaller you get.

Pauline

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Thank you for your lovely comments.
Yes Wilma I did use copic markers around the eyes-very carefully too with such a small bear!
I am now starting a smaller panda in black and white and I find it is quite scarey going down another size-the pieces seem so small.I will see how I get on with this size and would probably want to go even smaller when I am brave enough bear_whistle .

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Oh wow well dont Laurie, you have done a fantastic job  :clap:  :clap:
Can't wait to see your next one  bear_thumb

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki

TeddyB Posts: 83

I love your bear!!! You did a wonderful job!! I love the color and face expression.

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

Great job on your little mini!  I look forward to seeing more :-)

/bearhugs

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

aurie: Titch is just adorable. Job well done!

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Sorry Amanda I missed your question  bear_ermm 
I used Sassy long pile fabric.There are lots more different fabrics I would like to try but I didn't want to buy too much to start with in case my bear didn't turn out ok.I am hoping to go to Hugglets in February so will be looking  for some more then :dance:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Very nice bear! He has the same signature look that your avatar bear has. Well done!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

5 inchers are my favorite, and this is a really nice one , good job !!!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Oh, Laurie, this is stunning for a first mini!!
You are so right about the little imperfections being glaring in a mini.
Nice needle sculpting for the eye sockets!
Did you thread Joint or cotter pin?

I always appreciated that they go into a zip-lock baggie along with the thimble, needle, thread spool and a tiny scissors or clippers. ANYwhere! Long Train passing? Dr's office? Anywhere, anytime...

I look at huge crowds of ppl at pubic events and think - what wasted time! If we had a few sweaters started (for charity) and everyone knit a row and passed it on, we could produce hundreds by the end of the ball game/concert/etc...

Same with our minis: you can get one sewn in a few days with all of the wasted minutes we all have, and never actually have a bear-making session.  If I ever sat down to see a TV program w/o something in my hands, I'd fall asleep!!

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Thank you for the comments bear_flower
I cotterpin jointed this one Bobbie and I have one that I am now doing which will be under 4 inches and I am jointing that one too bear_shocked
There are a lot of advantages making minis with storage and being able to take them anywhere etc but the only disadvantage is it is so easy to lose the pieces.I sewed a head yesterday and thought I had put it away and was trying to find it hoping that I hadn't put it in the bin and I had just dropped it under the table and I had to move fast as I nearly lost a head to my nosey Siamese kitten-I know what a thief he can be so I was one step ahead of him bear_grin
I am really enjoying making minis at the moment-they are so much fun and the challenge is there to get them as perfect as possible.I have learnt a lot of new things too that you wouldn't have to even think of if you were making bigger bears.

Board footer