Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi, I had 3 needles which I bought in a show long time ago and these broke. I am fairly new to which needles to buy.Please tell me where am I able to purchase these and what type .Thank You ! :hug:  :hug:

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Mary, Please write me off-list, as I don't think direct links to ONE'S OWN sales info is allowed on TT, only great links we find online to products we're all interested in.
I've just written a new 7 page/sided document on the whys & wherefores of choosing felting needles that's included with sales, w/special pricing for fellow online listees.
rkr4cds@comcast.net

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hmmmm  Bobbie beat me to it,  I was gonna say get in touch with Bobbie   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

hugs

Shane

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Thank You Shane anyway,she e-mailed me,but I could not see anything in her webpage.What does she mean by write me off-list? Sorry! :redface: to not know this :hug:  :hug:

suburban Chicago

Hi Mary,

TT isn't a sales list (I do support TT with a vendor banner) and Ilzé's is probably wondering if I've totally forgotten to do my part of my site, but these past 3 winters of surgeries and the aftermath fog of rehab & meds just doesn't let me focus & concentrate!

I did get DH to install Adobe's Contribute software (Thx for the tip, Rosey) because it's one of the very few that support both Windows & Mac (me); it's purpose being to (easily!!!) update websites & blogs. It took me about 6 months of trying before I finally made the initial 'Website Connection To The Internet". WHEW!!

Then I made a few practice pages, which didn't look too bad for a first try, but I misunderstood a few steps and they don't appear on the site. Ilzé wrote to tell me what I need to amend, but it wasn't making sense & I was soon back in hosp for round three.   This year SHALL see me accomplishing this task!

So no supplies that I've laid in or retail work or auction updates ever have appeared. A few brave souls, who must know more about my own site than I do, have actually sent kit/needle orders through, so Jacques & Ilzé's work on it being a fully automatic Shopping Cart site 'works' perfectly - it's just me & contribute in-the-ring now, toe-to-toe, and I WILL beat this stumbling block!!

Please just write directly to me at my e addy. Unless you know the size/style you like and are used to using, it will help me advise you if I know what your projects are usually like (size/firmness/etc) and what kind of fiber (sheep breed) you like to work with.

Hggzzz,
B

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Hi Mary,  I'll 2nd what Shane said, I have purchased Bobbie's needles and have been very very pleased with them,   you just can't go wrong!  As well as she is an amazing source of information!

Duff

suburban Chicago

I amended and added to my post in the 2008 TOBY topic - Please take a peek!!

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=21622&p=4

That, in combination with the images in this week's auction, demonstrate why I feel that  very firmly needled fiber gives many more options than softly needled work.

Thx!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

http://www.woolcraft.co.nz/
This is where I get my needles and fibre from.
I use quite a few needles from different suppliers as well. They all have their job to do. I have found-(A 32T from one company may not be a 32T from another company. )
It is best to buy your fibre and needles from the same supplier or at least from professionals that understand about the  needlefelting  process.
Wendy

Board footer