Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

A few lovely ladies have e-mailed me over the last couple of weeks inquiring as to where I've been.  Well.....I'm not lost and I have been around, just not as much as I used to be.  I'm busily preparing for the opening of my new shop, Flourishes.  The only way I can really describe it to you is to say it is an "event" shopping experience.  I'll only be open six times a year.  You can peek in on my blog any day of the week to see just what it's all about.  It just doesn't pertain as much to what's going on here so I don't feel it's necessarily appropriate for this forum.

I haven't forgotten where my roots are, in the teddy bear world, and will be testing the market for bears in the shop with some exclusive offerings.  My aesthetic for the shop is traditional antique style bears so don't be surprised if I contact a few of you along the way. 

I'm also working towards having a bear making retreat at some point.  That requires a complete overhaul of the barn though, so that's at least a year out.

Anyway, that's where I've been and what I've been up to!  You're all still on my Favorites list!!  I just tend to lurk rather than chat these days.
bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I saw you were opening a shop when I read your Blog the other day and think it is just so perfect for you.  Your house is a wonderland, your decorating skills amazing and your taste impeccable.  Have fun with it and with your new house!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I love reading your blog, Aleta, and your new venture sounds just made for you. You have such artistic flair and style, I'm sure Flourishes will be a huge success. And what a great old house you've just moved into. You're very brave to take on a huge move and a new business venture. Best of luck.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I just know that your new venture is going to be a wonderful success Aleta.  I love hearing about how it is all progressing.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

This is something I have wondered about- where are some of the "faces" Maybe we should have a topic called "Missing Bear Artists". Here we could catch up and make sure that everyone is alive and kicking and sewing.

I will take a look at your blog and read about all the happenings, your shop sounds like it is going to be an exciting venture. My cousin has a shop which she calls "Sheer Nostalgia" although she is not into bear making, rather making porcelain dolls.

Lynette

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hi Aleta, sounds like a great venture, been reading about it all on your blog, I think it will be a big success for you  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pauline

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I've been reading your blog regularly and with great interest Aleta.  This sounds like a truly exciting venture!  I wish you every success x

staticbear76 Posts: 222

that is awesome that you are opening your own shop in portland oregon im from shelton washington just north of you maybe someday me and my family go to portland and drop you a line hopefully ill check out your blog when i can and it is so cool you are remodeling your barn that is awesome.

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I wish you were closer so I could drop by for your events!  Wishing you much luck with this new adventure.  I'm still waiting to see the birdhouse Bill has built!
Bear Hugs,
Donna

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I really enjoy reading your blog Aleta and what you are up to, you always have such pretty antique treasures.

I wish you all the very best with Flourishes and your new home.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower  :hug:  bear_original

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Oh, it's so exciting Aleta!  I've been reading your blog and I can't wait to see your place.  I'm not too far away to come see Flourishes when you have your event.  It sounds like a great venture.  Please keep us posted with dates!

Joan

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Your project sounds absolutely fantastic, Aleta!  I'm in awe of your energy and spirit, not to mention your talent in creating an awesome shopping experience with your new Flourishes.  Ooooh, I wish I were closer so I could attend each of your 6 events - am sure there will be nothing else like it.  Congratulations to you and hubby for creating such a unique and wonderful place!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Bless your hearts and thank you for your notes!!   bear_wub I woke up early this morning just so I could peek in and say a little hello to my TT friends.   bear_original  bear_original Friends are the sprinkles on my cupcake!!  Yummy!
bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

your new store sounds exciting, Aleta!  I wish you much success!   bear_original

Board footer