Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

LL, your organizing skills are totally enviable!  Come and fix up MY space, won't you?

It's so light and bright, too, and I love your Whippet.

Karen, your "old world" sewing machine rocks!  I like your space a lot; it's all kitti-fied. bear_original Purr...

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Laura Lynn, you are so organised.   I think we need you to consult us all, help!!!.  :hug:  :crackup:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

LOL Karen and Shel!!!

I admit.. it's a constant struggle!  I set things up the way I think they will work, work with it for a while... something doesn't work as it gets messy... I figure out why I think that is and re-organize -- keeping the parts that worked.

I really hope I'm DONE this time  :crackup:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

This has got to be one of my all time favorite threads!!! It would be so awesome to actually visit all these studios in person, wouldn't it?

How is your studio redo going Shelli?

Mine needs a real clean up right now. Hubby and I are saving for a dream house and the next one will have a huge studio with big windows for me...this is years away of course, but it's good to have goals. Hey, I think I am going to start a new thread--"What would your dream studio be like?"

K Pawz Guest

I am slow on the posting, sorry guys! I did reorganize my studio after this thread, a few times!!! Since Christmas though it has had some more mods that I am so thankful for! I will get some photos....I bought some of those long rolls of photo paper at the camera store when I bought my lighting and hubby mounted poles to the ceiling so that I can pull down whichever backdrop I chose, I can't believe how I survived without them before! okay off to take some pictures for you...excuse the mess!
Hugs,
Krista

K Pawz Guest

Okay so here goes, please excuse the mess!!! Works in progress!!

Here is the mounted backdrop rolls, with my studio lighting for photos (Sebastian and the Yorkie are waiting for thier new mom to come back before being shipped out on Monday)
Picture_081.jpg
Picture_082.jpg
Here is my computer station (if you look close you may see some familiar creations)
Picture_084.jpg
Here is my fold out butterfly work table, for the most part it is usually covered with bits and pieces of things, those candy containers are great working bins, hubby eats the stuff in them and I steal the containers. I use them to hold my works in progress.
Picture_083.jpg
And here is my storage closet outside of my studio
Picture_086.jpg
Hugs,
Krista

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

IMG_0193.JPGIMG_0194.JPGI have been so envious of all the posts on here, so I just had to show you all my new workspace, its in the living room and my husband built it for me over the last 2 weekends, what with the dying and varnishing of the wood, it cost a bomb, (remember the rule girls, wholly and solely, then its tax deducatable) I just had to have some pretty boxes as well, didn't I? It measures about 6ft long and 4 ft deep, we still have to put cupboard doors on and I filled the rail with mohair already, ooops :lol:

PS the really fantastic bears on middle self to the right and the one on the bottom shelf are steiffs

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Those pictures are awesome!!  And Sue.. I LOVE your new work area!!!  Great idea for your mohair too  bear_thumb

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

(remember the rule girls, wholly and solely, then its tax deductible)

Yes Ma'am!
You actually measure every square INCH of that space and it comes right off the top as Deductible Office % Use in your Home (Business Space).

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Fantastic, Sue ! ! !  Love those pretty boxes.

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

gosh, I followed this thread back to the beginning . .  you are some lucky gals (chicks are soooo organized)  my studio is a complete mess, but it makes up for it with a little old-fashioned charm  (and in my little world, it is Christmas year 'round)

studio_1.jpg

I work behind the counter, my machine is hidden to the left under the windows.  my actual workspace is only about 5x9 feet and part of it is taken up by a big dog crate covered with a piece of wood where my puppies can sleep and not be underfoot.  the top provides me with a place to work on really big standing pieces like my Don Quixote)

Workshop_2_small.jpg

a clearer shot on a cleaner counter, here you can see my machine set-up

studio_06_07_07.__03.jpg

here you can see my computer (behind Ugo & Imelda, my latest chickens) which is on the end of my workbench (between my iron & my hot glue gun) I always stand while I'm working or on computer. (you can tell that Miss Emmaline McCready, the old lady bear, is decidedly not fond of chickens)  you can see a few of my vintage sewing machines on the shelves behind the counter.

Studio_shot_horizontal_1_sm.jpg

there are display cases on each side, in front of the counter.  these are filled with my own small collection of other artists work.

Fabric_wall_sm.jpg

a shot of my fabric wall and the little storage closet to the right, where I keep baskets of trims & leather. I envy those who use storage bins, if I put it in a bin, I forget about it, so I'm always pawing through baskets.

Studio_Front_08_05_smaller.jpg
and this is from outside.  we're kind of remote out here, and I call this shot. . .
'the teddy bear shop at the end of world'  (that's the delaware river behind)
since I don't have a yard, my windowboxes are my only garden and I tend them carefully.

my apartment is above my studio and the staircase is in the studio, so this is also my front door.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Kelly Dean, you lucky, lucky duck, you.  You work in a wonderland like Gepetto's workshop.  Does it make you want to whistle a little tune while you work?

suburban Chicago

Kelly, if you can find them, you should show the pix of the 'Alley' behind your building. Especially before Christmas.
This all takes a huge amount of work!

Narrowsburg, New York
Website
rkr4cds wrote:

Kelly, if you can find them, you should show the pix of the 'Alley' behind your building. Especially before Christmas.

Bobbie, you must be talking about what my friends & family refer to as 'why he doesn't make any money'.  only it's not the alley behind me, it's the Main Street in front!  each year I decorate my street for Christmas.  because money is tight, I have my own special take on the season.  I cut about 200 18-25 saplings (from the ditches under power lines, where they always get cut down anyway) I wrap each tree with a strand or two of icicle lights, leaving the lights hang free at the top and then wire the treetops so they arch over the sidewalk.  branches lashed horizontally at the top of the windows and strung with more icicle lights hide the elecricsl cords and the whole street is on one switch.

there is a timer, but I love walking down the street at 4pm in december and flicking the switch!

from the bridge:

Main_St_Xmass_2007_12_02_07_1sm_copy.jpg

the view from my end of the street:

Main_St_xmass_2007_12_02_street_night_2_sm.jpg

and peeking in my studio window at Christmas.  if you look carefully you can see Don Quixote in the background behind the counter

xmass_2007_a_window_into_my_world.jpg

and this was taken in Nov 'o6.  I like to change my decor from year to year and this year I wanted to emulate those wonderful German Christmas markets.  I built a pergola onto my studio front and shingled it with pine boughs.

Studio_Christmas_2006_fun_people_copy.jpg

the ladies were not posing, just happened to be strolling by while I was taking pictures.  I hollered 'SMILE' and they complied!

( some people say that I'm over the top. . to these people I reply. . . top?  what top? I haven't found the top yet

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kelly - You have created your very own wonderland for sure! What a fun and magical looking place.

Krista - Great studio.... and I see a little ornament by your computer area that looks a tad familiar!  bear_original  Jealous of your photography background.... that's serious stuff... I'm so sick of fabric that wrinkles and paper that crinkles and.... well.... time to stop messing around with all that I think!

Sue - Great way to store your mohair. You've got a wonderful work area there! Congrats!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Mr. Kelly Dean, you have exquisite taste in decorating!!  You have a gift.  It's fabulous that you share it with your neighbors.  All this and you garden too?  Excellent!!  Thank you for posting all the eye candy!  Yum!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

suburban Chicago

Kelly, those look like part of it but there was also a shot of looking down the alley - a secret, private hideaway or shortcut to somewhere else...  these are very Impressive, too!

I have the graduated shades colors of photo backdrops; they are EXTREMELY sensitive to marking. Is your sheet of this same material?
If you place only large bears' bottoms on the surface you're OK, but with minis there are often accessories - which scratch or mark the surface as you move them around for posing.

Only careful close-up pix or careful Photoshopping will eliminate the permanent marks. Not Fun! And the least expensive ones start at $50 each....

Narrowsburg, New York
Website

Bobbie, I think you mean this building, called the Narrowsburg Mews. (I can't find the head-on shot)  the really cool thing is that the trees over the archway sprouted leaves this spring and are growing in place (no soil, but the pots they stand in filled with water)

roasters-web.gif

Narrowsburg, New York
Website
Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

All this and you garden too?
Aleta

awwww, shucks. . . .thanks!   

my 'garden' last August  - and my pups, Scooter & Scout

me-n-the-pups-store-web.gif

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

If you place only large bears' bottoms on the surface you're OK

Bobbie.... just bare ...er... BEAR bottoms..... but you are making me think twice nonetheless! I've survived 8 years with using fabric and paper... why stop now!?

WOW

Kelly you are amazing, can I come and live with you :hug:

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

What an amazing place to live!  Thank you for sharing Kelly.

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Wow!  Kelly - thanks for sharing your world with us.  That's the most amazing 'work area' I've ever seen - I could lose myself in there and would never want to leave!  It's your own little Narnia hidden away behind that beautiful shopfront!

Marg  bear_original

Narrowsburg, New York
Website

thanks, ladies! 

Sue, you can come live here, I could use a staff of elves, but be warned, I put everyone work ;-)

Marge, I have no organizational skills at all, and I DO get lost in there all the time

the most special thing about my studio is that my parents help me build it.  when I left my partner of 9 years, my mom & dad came to NY and stayed with me for 2 weeks and helped me settle in.  my dad and I built my studio - shelves, lighting, the whole 9 yards, while my mom unpacked my things and helped put them away.  we camped in the middle of boxes and carton, made many a run to hardware stores, walmart & ikea and generally had the time of our lives.  it was the best time I ever spent with my folks, and I'll cherish those memories forever.

Hi Kelly, look I am no good at cleaning but I could do your books for you and have spent the last 20 years running around after hubby so bear_grin am well qualified.
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Oh I suppose he would miss me if I left, but OMG what I would not give to visit your place bear_cry

Your memories sound wonderful and magical just like your place :love:

PS Instead of being the T-Birds (ouch showing my age) we could all be TT-Elves

Pages:

Board footer