Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Hello all bear_laugh  I auctioned my first ever big Sloth, Liebe, on Ebay last week: you can see his auction here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … :IT&ih=014

I was really ecstatic with his final bid (hysterical, more like!) but I've not had any contact with the buyer despite sending an invoice... when should I start to worry?  I'm a bit concerned that, if I do have to auction him again, he won't do as well because he was originally designed for Valentines day which is only a week away!

Any opinions?

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Chloe, the bidder should have been in contact ideally at close of auction, but I would think that after a week, a polite contact asking them to make payment would definitely be appropriate.  If it was me, I'd have nudged them with a 'reminder' a couple of days after sending the initial invoice.  Are you certain you have sent the invoice to their Paypal account email?  Some people have different email addresses for Paypal, so it's worth emailing them first to find out where they want the invoice sent.

Ebay has certain rules and timescales with regard to actual non-paying bidders, so it would be a good idea to see how long they deem it appropriate for you to wait before filing a non-paying claim.

It may be that your bidder has computer troubles, so it would be an idea to get their full contact details from Ebay and try contacting them either by phone or letter as well as email.  I took a look at your winning bidder and they have 100% positive feedback, so I would imagine there is a genuine reason holding up your payment.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Yep...give them a nudge...you never know what can happen in peoples lives but I always put on my auction page that I expect payment within 3 days of auction close unless I have arranged differently with potential buyers prior to then end of the auction ( I offer layaway on ebay items)...after a week it needs at least  a contact to say what is happening. I think you can file a non-paying buyer report after 7 days with ebay.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Because you accept checks, it is possible that the buyer put a check in the mail and just didn't think to tell you about it (that happens regularly).  That being the case, you wouldn't know you'd been paid until the check arrives.  I always ask buyers to let me know if they will be sending payment by check or money order, so I know to look for it in the mail (AND I know it will take more time to arrive if that is the case!).  I would suggest adding a time limit for payment in your auction details, something like "payment expected within two weeks of auction's end".  Then you can send a polite email reminding a non-communicative buyer of the 2 week deadline, and ask them to let you know if payment has been put in the mail.  Without an existing payment deadline, I would just ask the buyer the latter part of that question.  Hope this helps!

Kelly

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Thanks Kelly, Paula and Jenny bear_original  I've done as you recommended, and just send a friendly e-mail asking them to confirm that they still want Liebe: they have 100% positive feedback so hopefully I shouldn't have to worry too much!  What's weird is that their bid came in at the last second, so I know they were online in person then...  bear_wacko

I'll let you all know when/if it comes through, and I'll definitely ask for payment or contact within three days next time!

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I had a similar thing happen to me, only it was I that payed for an item but there was non-delivery.  When I emailed the seller she, quick as a flash said she would send me another by registered mail...never got that one either.

As I have sinced moved, and only got the lap-top up and working last week I quess I can kiss my money good-bye.

Did send her another email explaining I was not happy but I think time had elapsed too far for me to go through e-bay or Paypal in refunding my money...she never answered this email..

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

OK, it'll be a week tomorrow and still nothing guys bear_sad  I'm a bit worried now.  The only other contact detail is an address- should I risk posting her a letter tomorrow, or just one more e-mail and then offer him to the runner-up? It's getting too close to the dreaded V-Day!

bear_cry

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Doesn't sound good, why do people do it.  It is a pain to start non paying bidder thing but I feel you may have to soon.  The good thing is you have the runner up that wants him so don't feel too down. It is a shame though.   Last Sunday I had somebody bid on Charlotte's pink valentine needle feltie and paid with an e-cheque, its not cleared yet (expected date 12th so Paypal said), but they have since bought another bear, paid for it and had feedback so not sure what to make of that.  E-cheques are something else to worry about as it can mean they have no money in the account that they paid with..... but I have had some that clear within a few days and have been ok.   I really hope things sort out for you in a day or two Chloe.

Pauline

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Had exactly the same problem myself with the bear from last sunday. The winner has not had feedback since then so there could be something up. I've just sent a polite email to see if everything is OK, hopefully they are and will let me know.

I once had this with a Dolls house. She won then an hour or two later won another one. Then ignored me, but had the other one. She was just covering her options, if she did'nt get the later listed house, she had mine. Then she had the cheek to give me a 'story' of little Henry bidding by mistake. I just politely explained he had also bid and won another house later. She was stressing as my unpaid mean she was being chucked off ebay as she had done it before. Cheeky, but there you go. Thats a bad case but sometimes there must be genuine people with proper reasons for not paying....sometimes. bear_rolleyes

puca bears puca bears

Oh Chloe - this is SO mean, and so disappointing for you - there is always the thought that she may be sick, or her computer has crashed - maybe a letter to her?
It's difficult - do you trust everyone - or no-one? I had a bear "reserved" in October - told the lady that he was entered in the BBAAs and may have to go to England........"no worries" she said, gave me her address, email and phone number................anyway - I mailed her to say he'd got a 2nd place - NOTHING back - sent her an ecard for Xmas - NOTHING - and mailed her a couple of weeks back to say he had also won a TOBY.....she will get one more mail today, and that's it! Any Requests can come to the next show and show off his trophies - NEXT time, I WILL demand a deposit before promising a bear!
I HOPE your buyer comes good - seems strange, as she has a big positive feedback record on ebay.............
big huggies
Maria

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

GOOD NEWS!!!

Phew, just in time!  I've received a Paypal payment and va note of apology, seems it's a computer problem as expected.  She says "...This is particularly annoying as I am thrilled to have 'won' this gorgeous chap and can't wait for his arrival. Best Regards and thanks for your patience..." amongst other things, which is good enough for me! I'm going to go and get a few bits for his packaging and I can send him off tomorrow, what a relief!

bear_laugh:D:D:D YAY!!! My faith is restored!!!

Oooh Maria, is it  the red chappy you're taling about? The one that always seems to remind me of 'Phantom of the Opera' (for some unfathomable reason...)?  I loved him bear_original  Hopefully she'll get in touch, but i doubt you'd have any trouble homing him if not bear_original

I was worried about that kind of thing, Amanda, as she's recieved a lot of feedback, but not posted any in the last like... 90 days... weird eh?

Hey Pauline, E-cheque eh? That sounds weird... surely that's all Paypal is normally anyway, just a bit faster?  Luckily the payment is a transfer: nice and easy for me!

Yey!  First sale!

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Congratulations Chloe! I'm glad everything worked out for you! bear_laugh

Cheryl bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

YAY!!!! Congrats Chloe - now you can breathe a huge sigh of relief..........and start checking out new mohair?????????? Probar (www.probaer.de) has a sale on right now...............

And yes - it is the "red chappie" - not worried - he'll be coming along to the Teddybar Total. I'm just annoyed to be asked to reserve him.........like I said - next time I'll demand a deposit!

big huggies
Maria

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

YAY!   

It must have been very frustrating for you ....a week!..... It's a good thing that you didn't jump to any conclusions :clap: If it ever happens again perhaps you could call the buyer.

Don't you just love happy endings? bear_flower

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

bear_laugh Thanks everyone,  I'm glad it's all sorted.  I sent her a thank you note with a new piccy of him with my Owl Behbeh: hope you like it!

LiebeOwlBehbeh.jpg

Oooh, look at Probar... I've looked at their webbie before, but the shipping confussles me  bear_wacko  still, that sale's a pretty big incentive!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Glad everything worked out, remember on ebay, that sometimes problems on the buyers end really do happen.  bear_original

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Chloe, I have just had 11 Pieces around the 20cm mark plus 3 growlers and shipping was 13 euros. I also paid on Tuesday arrived Thursday, can't beat that, there is a 4% surcharge for credit cards and paypal as well. The special fabrics were really good value bear_grin

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

There you go sorted.  :dance:   :hug:  I hope mine will be too. I'm chilled out now, things happen don't they.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: glad it all worked out Chloe,

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I am glad you got it all sorted out Chloe :dance:
I always like to give people a chance to see if they will pay and the majority of the time they do.There is always that one that won't pay but when you shop online you never know what peoples circumstances are and at least if you have given them a reasonable amount of time to pay then they can't complain if you do have to file a dispute.
Happy shopping for mohair.I have used Probear a few times and the service is great.
Laurie :hug:

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Glad to hear you got it sorted out bear_original What a lovely Critter! I love the pink! Your Customer will be thrilled!!  :dance:  bear_wub

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Thanks everyone!  All clear, I've boxed him up and he'll be on his way tomorrow!

Board footer