Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

coloring-eyes.jpgGood Morning,

I have started using eyes with clear irises. I attach the eye and using a mixture of colored wool batt wrap it under and around the eye. This gives the eyes lots of color and highlights when the light hits it. Has anyone tried this?

Neysa

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOW NEAT - I never thought of this! You are just full of good ideas!   bear_thumb

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's a very interesting idea. I might have to play around with that for a bit I think.
Thanks
Heather

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Neysa, how cool!  You are full of great ideas.  I like to sink my eyes very deep into the head so I don't know if that would work for me, but it never hurts to see new ideas.  I would really like to see it when you are finished.  I also like to add felted details around the eye area.  There is just no end to the sculpting you can do with wool and needles.
Thanks for sharing. :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Cool!

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

dog-for-TTq.jpgGood Morning, hears a dog I'm working on, his face isn't finished but you can see the finished eyes.

Even if you sink in your eyes... how about wrapping the wool around them before you sink them and after you insert them???? Neysa

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Neysa, that looks sooo cool. I think i might even like it better than painting the eyes
Thanks alot for sharing with us all.
Heather

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Super idea Neysa, I may give that a try.  AWESOME dog!!!!! ...and you have nice fingernails too bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very nice look, Neysa!!  I have used wool felt as a background for clear glass eyes when I couldn't get the exact color I wanted to go with a certain fur.  I also have some awesome variegated embroidery thread that I'm going to experiment with!  Isn't this great fun??  :dance:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Way coool.....thanks

bear_tongue

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Neysa, that face is fabulous!  May I ask where you found the glass eyes with such large pupils?  I really REALLY like those.
Thank you. bear_wub

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Judi, they are plastic eyes that I sell on my site. Check there for sizes. Neysa

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi Neysa,
what a great idea.
I normally don't use plastic eyes on regular mohair bears because most plastic eyes are safety eyes so they have to be placed before the head is stuffed. I'm forever relocating eyes  till I get the expression I want, so I use glass eyes.

Just dawned on me that if I needlefelt the face, the eyes don't have to be sunk,the expression is added with needlefelting after the eyes are placed.

Some of the eyes on your site are so interesting.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Neysa
I couldn't find the eyes on your site anywhere. Where do I look? Will you be at the Schaumburg show and will you have neddle felting supplies with you including the wire armatures?
Hugs
Gail

Hi Gail,
I couldn't find them first up either. Hope this helps

http://www.purelyneysa.com/nsupplies/eyes1.html

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Good Morning,

To find the eyes on my site scroll down the home page and look for Plush, Eyes from Europe and More  then scroll down that page to Eyes, Joints and ...or go here:      http://www.purelyneysa.com/nsupplies/eyes1.html

I'll be gone from Sat to Monday evening to the show in Louisville, KY.

Neysa

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Rikki,

Your comment about plastic eyes and lock washers go here for a different way to attach: 
  http://www.purelyneysa.com/nsupplies/Eyes.PDF

Did you know even Steiff uses Plastic Eyes - it in their child safety laws. Same as we have in 5 or 6 states here in the USA. Neysa

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Neysa, I'll check it out. bear_laugh bear_smile

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Beautiful, Neysa!

What a great effect  :thumbsup:

Eileen

Thank you Neysa,
what a great idea. I luv some of the plastic eyes, and the only thing that's put me off is the lock washer method.. Being able  to sink them, using your method makes them far more useable.
Thank you for the great tip.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Rikki
Thanks for your help. I too would like to try these eyes
Hugs
Gail

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Very interesting

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Great idea Neysa, thanks for sharing it will us, you have got some great results with it too

Isn't it wonderful how topics evolve and we all learn something new.
From a simple comment " I don't like using plastic eyes because blah blah blah "
to " wow,  that's great, this method has opened up possibilities"

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

NUP!! I'm learning nuthin 'ere  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Just kidding  bear_grin bear_grin :dance:

Board footer