Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

puca bears puca bears

Just got my copy of the Japan Teddy Bear magazine.  I'm dead chuffed with this - but it's SO strange not being able to read it! I had to answer a whole lot of questions for it, in English, and send it all off to a very sweet Japanese lady, who I met last year at the Teddybar Total..........so I guess it says nice things..............
huggies
Maria

japan_teddy_01_400.jpg

japan_teddy_02_400.jpg

japan_teddy_03_400.jpg

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

That is so cool Maria and well deserved.  I have always adored your bears (was especially in love with a certain *cheeky* bear that I remember).  Anyway, congratulations.  Gorgeous pics too!

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Maria,
       Great pictures! I'm sure the article is awesome, too. Wonder if you can use a language translating site to change it into English??
        Congratulations!  :clap:

JeannieB bear_original

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

That is fabulous!!!  Congratulations bear_original  If it was any western language you could re-type it into Babel fish or another online translator... however you probably don't have a keyboard with Japanese characters bear_wacko

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

That's brilliant, congratulations, I am sure it is all good and you will be able to translate it somehow ... not sure how though

Pauline

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Maria, huge CONGRATULATIONS bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  from me too and as always: well deserved. Your creativity is incredible and so are your bears. Too bad, you don't know what the articele says, but I am sure it will all be good stuff!

Huggies,
Marion bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Maria that is so nice and I know just how you feel.  They did an article on me too.....but haven't a clue what it says. bear_laugh   I am sure it's a very nice article bear_thumb  :clap:

puca bears puca bears

Thankyou everyone - I've said it many times before, but being able to share things like this makes it SO much nicer!
Yes - I'm really pleased with this article - it's always lovely to see your own bears in print........and I'll take it on trust that it says nice things!  Having lived in several different countries, I could have made it out in German , French, Dutch and Italian - oh, and "Strine"..... but this is beyond me!
Jeremy (camera man) sends thanks too for the nice comments on his photography!
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Huge congratulations Maria and so well deserved, I think it's so cool that it is done in Japanese that is so interesting and what a cool thing to be able to put on your table at a show.  The bears are so adorable as usual,  I can't wait until the day I actually get to see one in person,  hopefully sooner than later.

big hugs and congrats again, it couldn't happen to a sweeter person

Shane

puca bears puca bears

Shane - as always - you're the BEST - thanks, bro!
I was saying to Jeremy earlier - if you two are going to Hugglets next year - I'll be there too, come hell or high water! Would be just brilliant to meet up.
And - sorry - I meant to post about this - did you know that there is a pic of Steven in the new TBS? There's an article about the San Diego TBA and CC Xmas luncheon, where Steven (actually, it says STEVE!) gave "a perfect talk for this time of year, delivered with great heart and soul"...........If you don't get the TBS I can scan it in for you
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Congratulations Maria - it "looks" a lovely article ; I hope you can maybe get a translation some day !!  :dance:  :dance:
Mini Hugs , Ruth  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super great photos of your wonderful work, Maria!  Big congratulations!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Huge congratulations to you, Marie.  Well deserved  ! ! !  Maybe Marie from Kirpie Bears, a fellow TT'er here, can translate for you.  I'll bet she even subscribes.

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Congrats Maria!! The photos of your bears are wonderful. Hopefully you can find someone to translate it for you.

Hugs,

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Fantasitc photo's Maria and I am sure the article says great things about you and your work. Big Congratulations :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

puca bears puca bears

Thanks so much, everyone - your comments mean SO much! And Jeremy is really chuffed over all your comments on his photography...............
Meant to mention yesterday - the magazine contains the most remarkable pattern I've ever come across - for a mini bear.....and it is all in ONE piece..........origami takes on a whole new meaning!
big huggies to you all
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
ps. - how many of us are sitting at home WISHING we were at Hugglets???????????

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hey Maria, no I didn't realize that there was something in TBS with Steve's picture,  sure it would be great if Jeremy could scan it and you could email it to us, that would be fantastic,

Once again congrats and so happy for you sis

big hugs

Shane

puca bears puca bears

Will do, Shane............
huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

:clap:  :clap: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Nice one Maria and well done you!!! Pat on the back for Jeremy for his good photo work  bear_thumb  I couldn't even begin to understand that language but it looks nice  bear_wacko  bear_grin

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Wow, Congratulations Marie! :clap: Well deserved of course! Well done on the photos too, Jeremy.
I'm sure the article is very nice. Perhaps you could contact the lady who you sent the questions to, and request a translation?

many hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Congratulations, Maria! The pictures are great (and the bears of course!) and you know what they say - a picture is worth a thousand words! (so it doesn't really matter what the words say!)

puca bears puca bears

Mega thanks, Lyn, Bonnie and Edie (and from Jeremy too!)
EDIE - yes - hadn't thought of " picture says a thousand words" - good thinking!!!!!! But Andrea is going to get her sister in law onto it, so will be nice to find out what it does actually say!
oh and . Edie - I spotted your little "T is for Teddy" amongst the bears which Julie was having to sell off - just thought you'd like to know he is now comfortably esconced amongst my little hug - he is such a sweetie! bear_wub  bear_wub
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

Hi Maria,
It all looks Japanese to me!!! bear_grin

And the BEARS look great too.  Congratulations, you kept that little secret from me.  I hope to see more of your creations to come.

TATA for now,
Penney

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

That looks like such a great article! But it most feel weird not to be able to read it!  bear_happy Lovely pictures and lovely bears! bear_wub

puca bears puca bears

Many thanks, Jennie and Penney ...........
Penney - wasn't keeping it secret - just one of those things to look forward to! And next month?????? Golden George nominations, AND the Ted Worldwide results................oooohhhhh the SUSPENSE! bear_rolleyes
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer