Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

Hi all!

I was hoping someone could tell me if there has been a date set for this year's Calgary Bear show. Since I'm new to TT I'm not sure if the lady who runs it is a member of TT. Her name is Heather. If you are here Heather...HELLO!!!! How's that baby doing?????? Anyway I was just curious cause I'm hoping to book holidays in August and it would be nice to know when the show is scheduled for.  I'm really looking forward to it so I hope I'm not sounding pushy. :redface: I'm just very excited for the show I had a blast last year!!!

Kristina bear_smile

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Kristina,

Thank you for your question. I'm glad I popped on TT tonight.

I am still negociating with the hotel for a date for next year. I am hoping to hold the show in Sept. or Oct. but those are big conference months so it's proving a little difficult.
I am getting ready to make a final decision by the end of the month.

I'd be interested to know if artists would be willing to have the show in August again as long as it's not the August long weekend, just in case I need a plan B.

You can email me anytime at events@flyingfurstudios.com.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Good luck, Heather!  bear_tongue  bear_grin Last year's show sounded great... no matter when this year's show is I'm sure it'll be a success!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Heather, I'd be okay with August if it isn't the long weekend. At least we wouldn't have to worry about snow and icy roads - or I should say we likely wouldn't! - you never know with this part of the county!  :crackup: I'm just glad to hear you are going ahead with it as I was wondering!

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Funny...I was just talking to Krista about the show today!
August would be okay, again I think not the long weekend.
September is tough because its back to school and all the expenses associated with that but I guess there's really an argument for and against any time.

Cheryl bear_flower

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thanks for the feedback guys. Without the artists there is no show so I always appreciate the feedback, keep it coming!

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

Hi Heather!!! You are here! bear_grin

That sounds great! I would love it in Aug or Oct...I would hope not in Sept as there are 3 different kinds of shows held in Edmonton. I agree with not having it on the long weekend. Thanks so much for getting back to me!!

Kristina  bear_smile

K Pawz Guest

We're all on the same wavelength right now! I am okay with August as long as it isn't the 9th, 10th time frame...I am hoping to have a passport in time to go to the GT gala in Washington.

Basically anytime other than those dates, but I am fine with Sept/Oct as well...so not picky or have no preference.

Hugs,
Krista

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

I am fine with August or October.. September is an icky month for Edmonton shows! They all seem to fall on the same weekend! bear_sad
Can't wait to hear when the show will be! I am super excited!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I'm tentatively planning to attend. August is ok but could probably do Oct as well.

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

Hi Heather...it's me again!  bear_smile

Just wondering if you have settled on a date for the show? I've booked myself a nice vacation in August/Sept and I was hoping to find out if I will be here to do the show. Do I need to get busy and start sewing my little fingers off...heehee...

Kristina  :hug:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hi Heather, I am so glad to hear that you are planning to have the show again this year and August (other than the August long weekend) is good for me as well.

K Pawz Guest

Me too....things are booking up quick and would love to know if you have managed to settle a date....preferably not August, but whatever works, I will try to fit in.

hugs,
Krista

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Once you have made your decision Heather don't forget to email me your banner. I will most happily post it again on the front page on my website.
Wendy

Board footer