Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to share my weekend with you!  I was invited to teach a bear making workshop in a city about 2 hours from my home by the owner of the local patchwork shop.  It had been over 6 months since I had taught a class so I felt a little rusty.  The ladies in the class were very lovely and the smiles at the end of the class were absolutely priceless and it reminded me of why I love teaching bear making!

warwick_day_2_pmtt.JPG

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Now THAT's a great picture!  So glad you had success and those bearmakers sure look like they enjoyed themselves.  What darling bears!  They're so fuzzy ::cute:: 

Lisa, you have the sweetest, most youthful face.  I'll bet you make a really encouraging and receptive teacher.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow that looks like fun!  I love taking classes from other bear artists.  Looks like you had a great group of students too!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very nice photo, Lisa . . . . I'd like to take a class from you!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

What a wonderful picture.  What fun you must of had...

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

Hi Lisa
way to go!!! All the ladies looked like they really enjoyed the class!! and the bears look great!!!

Hugs
Tracey

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Lisa I be that has helped to get your MoJo back, you all look as though you had a good class.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Thanks Shelly for making me smile.  bear_original  bear_original   A  good friend of mine turned 50 today and yesterday my lovely children said that I look older than her.   bear_cry

Lisa- they were a great group of ladies - 2 mother and daughters and 2 named KIM!

Sue Ann - you don't need to take classes but it would be fun to get together and share techniques.

Michelle and Tracey - We did have fun!

Yes Patsy - it did help get my mojo back and thank you!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thankyou for the Pic Lisa. I just love workshop photos. Actually I just love workshops.  bear_grin  bear_grin
Wendy

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Lisa that is a darling picture!  I love the bears.  You must have had a wonderful time with your students and fuzzy friends. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

teeeej Brisbane

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I love taking classes. I always learn so much. It is also good to be around other bear makers. I am signed up for three in June - my birthday present.

I was thinking at one stage of doing you class in Sydney but due to work commitments I can't make it. bear_ermm

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Lisa that is a wonderful photo!!  So glad you got a chance to get back to teaching.  The bears all look wonderful!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
Megelles wrote:

Lisa- they were a great group of ladies - 2 mother and daughters and 2 named KIM!

Wow, two named Kim?  And there are usually about 2 or more of us (Lisa's) hanging around!  I've always thought we (the Lisa's of the world) needed to start a club or something!!!

You know that's why I always have to refer to myself with my middle name in place - Lisa Bunting Thoms.  There's a www.LisaThoms.com website and it's a dentist!!!  I wonder how many bear collectors have ended up on her website and thought...what????????

Anyway, looks like you were a good teacher too.  Everyone completed their bear!

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Hey Lisa
I agree we should start a club!!

It is very funny with the Lisa's here in Australia.  Within 250klms of me the another 2 Lisa's live - both are internationally known as bear artist's. 

When I was at school I was the only one out of 800!! As an adult I know about 10 ladies named Lisa all around the same age.

ps both daughter's were named Kim!

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Hi Lisa

Speaking as a student from one of your workshops i have to say i am so glad you are teaching again and look forward to seeing you at the Sydney show this year.

Bear hugs

Raewyn bear_flower  bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fabulous Lisa, your students look like they had a great time.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer