Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Hi everyone, I am in the process of buying a new camera and have found a really neat website, it explains everything in easy terms, reviews individual cameras, rates them and even has a section for puting in what you want and it will recommend several cameras for you to look at, every review has the camera specs, test shots -which spoke volumes to me as you could actually see the same shots with different cameras, and a range of conditions, indoors, poor light etc. It also gives it a rating for each feature out of 10, so it easy to compare macro features

www.cameras.co.uk/

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Sue, I bought a new camera a little while ago and I love it!  I still have to work out how to use it to its fullest extent, but in the meantime, 'auto' works wonders!  The macro setting is great too by the way.  The camera is a digital SLR and it's a Canon EOS 400D.  I have also used a little compact Olympus Camedia in the past and got some great shots on that too ... obviously it had fewer facilities, but it was very reasonably priced and gave good results.  Well, I hope you find your perfect camera soon!

Here are a couple of my recent pics taken on the Canon ...

SnowycatkinsEasterTT.jpg

SnowydaffsEasterTT.jpg

WillowheadTT.jpg

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Hey Siue, my Saturday job for a while was on the photo' counter at Boots, so if you have and questions, I might be able to help a wee bit?  I've never had a digital SLR as I'm a poor student (lol!) but my two Samsung cameras have been pretty good for the money bear_original I'd persoanally be looking for something with an SD card and a long memory, but mines a day-to-day camera too XD

Have fun!

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Hi Sue
If I may...I recommend Canon.  Their entire line is great... easy to use and reliable.  I've had several now and love them all.  Choosing the right one can be tricky.  It basically depends on if you want a point and shoot or an SLR.  I have both and find I grab my point and shoot more often than my SLR.  It's easy and takes great pictures.  It's an A series 620.  I use it for all my ebay pics.  For scenics and such I use both.
Whatever you decide on, if it's a Canon, it will be good!  (Not saying others are bad, but Canon has the best reputation for quality.)
Laura bear_flower

Oh Paula, what stunning photos, ouch on the price though, but it does look the bees knees bear_grin

MJ, you must have a lovely hubby bear_wub

Chloe, my home town girl, just so you know poorness can happen when you are older, thanks for the offer of help :hug: I searched on here and had a bit of a short list, so had a look for prices and that is when I found this site, I found it invaluable, the best bits were the photos on it cos until you see them, you can't really tell if you are buying the right one, or paying to much when you can get a cheaper one

Laura I went with a Canon, it was a toss up between the A720 IS and the A570 IS, in the end there was not much to choose so went for the A570IS and with the change got a bigger memory card and a TRIPOD, can't wait to play with that. It is being delivered tomorrow. Thank you Amazon, Canon also have an offer on to claim cash back til 31st March as well, so should be able to get £30 back, can't be bad.

Just thought the camera review website was worth listing on here for anyone for future reference bear_thumb

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Sue
A good choice!!!  I think...no, make that I'm sure... you will love the camera! 
Happy pix taking!
Laura bear_flower

Thanks Laura I am so excited I have known since the beggining that my camera was not really up to the job, so this moring I am getting organised for my new arrival bear_grin  bear_thumb

amul Amul Kumar Photography
Chicago, IL
Website

Another excellent choice is http://www.photo.net for reviews and instructions, as well as an excellent set of forums to ask your questions on.

Board footer