Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

clare14 Country Bears
England

Sorry guys, I know I keep on, but what do you take to shows to put your bears in if someone buys one??   I've thought of a paper bag with handles, like a take away bag, but what about tiny bears??

I think panic is setting in...............:o

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I buy several sizes of plastic bags from Nashville Wraps in the frosted translucent finish.  They have just about any type/size sack or bag you'd ever want.  Their address is:  www.nashvillewraps.com  Clare, I don't know what international shipping would come to, but you probably have a comparable store in England.  Google something like "gift and store packaging".

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh what a cool site Sue...pretty packaging stuff. !

If you want just a few bags and tissues and you happen to live in the USA...go pick up some at the dollar  or 99cent store.
Larger bags are 1. each , smaller bags are 2/1.00 .  I find all kinds of great deals on other office stuff there real cheap...Winney

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

That's what I do too! I usually hit the dollar stores every two weeks looking for goods for shipping bears, and for packaging bears for sale. I love the tiny gift bags for selling bears.:cool:
Kathy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yup, handled paper bags. You can also get these at a craft supply store.... different colors or natural brown. Then add a ribbon, sticker w/your business name on it or hole punch a business card and tie it to the handle.

Also, some stores use paper handled bags with out their business name or anything on them. I reuse these and add my touches to the bag. Can't get much cheaper than FREE! My mom saves these bags for me too.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hey Clare.....

Don't forget DUCT TAPE! Seriously!!! :lol:

You may need to tape your table covering so it doesn't slide off or the corners trip people up. If you have electricity you may need to secure a cord someplace. And there is always someone else wishing they had some!

Scissors and a basic sewing kit (just in case) are helpful too.

Sales pad
Pens
calculator
business cards
guest book

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I invested in some carrier bags with my logo printed on. They're great for shows and ( as long as you sell a bear or two) they are a walking advertisement as well!!

Jenny

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Jenny, where did you get your bags printed? The firm that made my bags have closed down and I have none left for my next show next month. Fingers crossed that I can make it. :)

Jane

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I used a US company called BAGS & BOWS for my customer bags, for use at shows.  www.bagsandbowsonline.com.  I bought biggish frosted translucent bags with white polka dots on them.  These cost far less money than imprinted bags would have (and took way less foresight and planning) but is something still uniquely me, in keeping with my branding (contemporary bears) and different from anything I've seen anyone else doing.  You have to buy in big numbers so they'll last an eternity.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Jane...it's a Coventry firm...very good and cheap as chips...I'll look 'em up and send you the link...

Jenny

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I make my bags it's good free advertising I allso make a Yorkshire passport and birth certificate  ;)
Bearsatfair008.jpg

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Try: www.bagnboxman.co.uk

You might find something there!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Estelle, your bags are awesome.  How do you do that???

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I agree! very neat bag!  You gals are so clever!

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

Its just a simple calico square made ito a bag, I print them with stamps I make from lino (like lino cut pictures ) and a multicolour stamp pad

Board footer