Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

ellen ontario, canada

http://www.snapfiles.com/shareware/gmm/ … ocess.html
well of course it's not free!  silly me.  sorry.  here's the program though - for watermarks.
:doh:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Deb, I have no problems with anyone using my photos for their own purposes - I'd be flattered! But would hate to think anyone could try and profit from them, or misrepresent them in some way.

SueAnn, how awful... :o. What a cheek some people have!!!!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I also have a folder of other bears. Most of them from you guys. Like Shelli, it inspires me to get better, or try something new. Or I'll just use them to show friends and family how good  bears can really look!! LOL

Helena, by the way, I've saved a couple pics of your bears, way before I ever joined this list.

Heather

Deb Upstate New York

SueAnn ~ My mouth is hanging open ... I checked that site, and there's just no mistaking one of your bears; it's clearly there on the cheerleader shirt.  :mad:

Shelli ~ I know, but ... I just wanted to say it.  Ya know?   :/

Anyone ~ Seriously I don't understand what someone is going to do when their auction is over with the picture and description of Terrie's bear, and they don't have anything to send.  They just collect the cash and send nothing?  I'm so dumb today I guess.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Deb, that is exactly what happens and then the next time that person sees a listing by Terrie's Bears they will think it could be another scam.

Sue Ann, that is terrible! I don't know how you can fight something like that!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

if it's any consolation Sue Ann i typed 'gotobed bears' into my browser and one of the URL's came up as a [INVALID] site!!!!!!
At least your piccies are CLEAN

:redface:

Penny

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sorry to say that not everybody on this planet is as warm, compassionate, ethical, honest, caring, talented, and (I could go on), as the members of this board!  Not sure how I will proceed with this, but will let you know.  Thanks for indulging my complaint!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Wow wee, Sue Ann, that's unbelievable! I would definatly try to get in touch with these people.  I blows my mind that you found them by chance!

I wouldn't bother with a right click protection - doesn't work in most cases. I think water marking is probably the way to go, and we should all be doing it. I think most graphics programs has an option for you to set up a watermark stamp.

Danni

teddy_bears_org USA - Florida

Their is no way to prevent someone from copying your pictures. The right click trick is only an illusion, it can be circumvented quite easily. The best advice, is to add your company name to your bear pictures on your site. This is easily circumvented, but you have a better chance that someone will not mess with your pics because they do not want to spend the time editing it.

Also, it is good to add your website or company name to your pics, as pics get passed around in email, people may forget the source. THis way, the info is always there.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

This is absolutely shocking that this would happen to you Terri and Sueanne.
I found this topic though to be very informative, so thankyou very to you all for that.
The amount of pit falls with dealing on the internet just astounds me. Imust be such an innocent.
I must admit you all did have me worried there for a moment. I have been guilty of printing some of your bear photos myself. But it was to see dark faces clearer. And  :redface: I wanted to show your work to some friends.  Can I still do this? or has it become a no no ?.  Yours truely embarrassed :redface: Matilda

Deb Upstate New York

Matilda ~

Shelli wrote:

Deb, you dear, I don't think that's the kind of photo stealing people are talking about here.  I'd be flattered if you had a catalog of my bears on your computer, personally.  I keep a stash of BEAR ARTIST inspiration in a folder on my desktop at all times, which I consult to get motivated to improve, work, etc.  It's for my own use, so it's okay.  I'm not representing it as mine, selling anything with the photos imprinted on it, or the like.  You're fine, I think.

bear_laugh

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Sue Ann-  That's a blatant copyright violation!  If I were you, I pen them off a "nice" Cease and Desist letter..... Dear Company X, Please note that the pictures in question are copyright under US Code Section blah blah blah.... Should you choose to continue to violate the copyright please be aware that I intend to protect the rights of my company by filing suit against you.  I'm sure that your corporation understands the many costs involved with the defense of such a lawsuit, including but not limited to legal fees, travel expenses, and punitive damages.......  Blah blah blah.... It's obviously hard to go after these internet companies as many times they aren't really "companies" at all, it's just some guy sitting behind a computer!  There is no statutory agent upon which to serve a complaint, no legal department to advice them of the absolute error of their ways, and no assets to attach...... This is the very kind of thing that copyright laws are designed to fully protect.

Though it is absolutely flat out wrong for this company to have done this... you must admit that it is just the tiniest bit flattering that when they searched around for a picture of a super cute bear that would be appealing to the public at large, they chose yours...!   

Anyway, in the big scheme of things, maybe it's not worth the hassle to go after these folks, I don't know.... but it is the type of case that a copyright lawyer might be able to take on a contingency basis since it's such a blatant violation.... In any case Sue Ann, I feel for you hon!

:hug:

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I have, indeed, sent the offending parties an e-mail requesting them to stop selling the "cheerleader" transfer and told them I have my original photos of these bears and can prove that they are infringing on my copyright.  Haven't heard from them yet, though.  The company that actually 'stole' the photos is www.dowlinggraphics.com, a 20+ year old company in Florida that is owned by a grandmother!!  It also has in its transfer inventory, some images that are in questionable taste (at the very least), so I'm eager to see how they will respond to my e-mail . . . if they ever do.  Thanks, everyone for your sympathetic support!!  We'll see how the saga progresses!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Sue Ann, I saw that off-white cuttie and it's YOUR for sure!

Julia

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OH julia what a preety pink darling you have on your avatar. bear_original
Sorry ,just had to mention it while it was fresh in my mind. bear_original

Board footer