Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to say how much I love the Ultimate Stuffing stick I got from Donna.  I heard about it here on Teddy Talk from Shelli:  http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=688  I've got the long handled one and just ordered the short one. 

Everything is easier for me to stuff now... but my NOSES... are SO much easier now with Donna's stick!

Thanks Shelli for bringing this cool tool to our attention!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, I'm so glad you posted on this, LL.  I hate plugging products and nobody pays me to do so in any case.  But I also found that Donna's Ultimate Stuffing Stick is just incredible for grabbing, pushing, and tucking bits of stuffing, big or small, RIGHT where I want them, with enough force to pack things firmly in place.  I can't say enough good things about how this one particular tool assists my bearmaking.

I also have both the long and short handled versions; I recommend the short handle and think it's all you'll need.

Yay!  And thank goodness for Donna, a great self-marketer, who just up and asked me if I had one, one day, in a letter... prompting me to buy.  My wooden t-stuffer had just broken for the umpteenth time.  I'll never go back.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I went to her site but don't see them listed.
How do I get one.

Marion

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Do all you gals stuff hard? I mean is the stick mainly for stuffing hard?... Winney

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Yep, I stuff hard.  I had the hardest time stuffing the nose... cause the stuffing would ALWAYS shift and move the center seam OFF center  bear_angry  No problems now with Donna's stick!

Just drop her an email to order one!  Instead of posting her email addy right here (protecting her from email harvesters)... I'm posting a link to her profile.. her email addy is there  http://www.teddy-talk.com/profile.php?id=182

Brockville, Ontario

I emailed her and have one on its way. Thanks for the reminder - I've  been meaning to get one of these.

Marion

Deb Upstate New York

Me too (I just emailed her this morning).  Though my family hates it, I like to stuff (very) firm.  My best tool to date is a fondu fork, which works surprisingly well for grabbing & twisting & poking ... but still I think I will try the tool.  Thank you Laura!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Me too....

Deb Upstate New York

Okay, it's on it's way.  Thanks for the hot tip everyone.  Donna is wonderful!  (What size bears do you make? What are you using now?  Is the length comfortable?)  Great lady.  I will assemble slowly now, so stick can arrive to use!

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Hey you're welcome!!!  Right now my bears are from 8" to 12".  Works wonderfully!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I LOVE my new stuffing tool...it made a whole world of difference when doing my latest bear...Daisy Mae.

Thank you so much Shelli & Laura Lynn for the recommendation...and Donna for selling them and shipping so lightening fast. 

I'm one happy camper (stuffer...I hate camping).

bear_wub

Deb Upstate New York

Ooooo ... I can't wait! (Geez, doesn't take much these days I guess!)  Shantell did you end up getting long or short handle to start?  After a bunch of questions, Donna recommended I order the long handle and see how it goes.   :dance:

Deb Upstate New York

Is Donna in California?  Hubby just sent me a note that said "you have a package from california."  Then he disappeared before I could ask any questions .... so it's either my stuffing tool, or you-know-what from INTERCAL!  Either way, it'll be a long afternoon here at work!

:dance:

Brockville, Ontario

I got mine this morning - made a special trip to the post office   :dance:
yes, she is in California.

Marion

Deb Upstate New York

Ohhhhhhh Marion ~ We're cooooooool now!   bear_grin  :hug:

Jana Posts: 23

ok, I know this is going to sound like a real dummy,.......but,  What is INTERCAL?

Jana

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hi Jana,
There is never a dumb question here ! Intercal is actually the name of the company that runs Teddy Talk.  They are wonderful suppliers of Mohair and bear supplies.  Their service is incredible.  If you look at the very top , right corner of the page you will see a link to "intercal Home" Intercal.png Yuo'll find all kinds of goodies to look at and buy  bear_happy

Board footer