Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Judi,

Absolutely stunning!!! I also love to see the before and after pictures. Your talent with an airbrush truly amazes me.

Hugs,

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Holy Moly - You have done it again Judy - just incredible!!  I am always blown away by your incredible talent and vision.
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

JulietK julietk
London

wonderful leopard , amazing airbrushing  bear_original

Alexis Lexsomnia Bears

WOW! I didnt even think about what your creatures looked like before all the airbrushing. It's amazing to see the character come alive with the airbrushing! You are fantastic! What great work!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Oh my goodness, Judi! I'm a little late looking at this thread, but I am no less awestruck than the others. You are a master at airbrushing, and the before and after shots really show such detail and transformation. Beautiful work! bear_wub  :clap:

You mentioned that you don't feel paint on her fur, only the fur itself. If it's not too forward of me, I'd like to ask you what sort of paint you are using. I don't have an airbrush and am scared to try one, but I think I could use a paintbrush and my fingers... bear_laugh I only recently (last time I worked on my bears, maybe a year ago) started using Berol Prismacolor pencils to shade my guys' faces.

Again, WOW!! bear_thumb
~Debora

Trey Posts: 7

This is awesome!! May I ask what brand of Airbrush Paint did you use? I have an airbrush but I've never painted fabric fur only Polymer clay so I'm unsure if the type or brand of paint you need to do as you have done.. Thanks

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Trey wrote:

This is awesome!! May I ask what brand of Airbrush Paint did you use?

Hi Trey, Since this thread is now 7 years old, you might want to post a new topic in this section and find out what members are doing with airbrushing these days.

Becky

Erin Seals Stonesthrow Critters
Magnolia, AR

Hi Judi, love your airbrush work! I have been airbrushing cats lately and I'm having trouble with blacks fading to gray. I love the forgiveness airbrushing allows and how you can just start going at it! I started using plain black acrylic paints but they faded after just a couple days. Then I used a brown base under the black, that helped but wasn't permanent. I tried adding India ink on top, and that has been more successful, but not totally permanent.

I know in other posts you talk about very thin layers, how do you keep the spray light when doing such detailed work?

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I don't know how often Judi visits TT anymore. I did take a class from her and she was using Golden Brand Airbrush paint.

Board footer