Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Hi ladies ,
I was wondering how the majority of you like to "store" all that money you make during a show ? I'm assuming a metal cashbox is best ?
I know it's a dumb question really - but , well ... I like to get things right !!  :crackup:  bear_happy
Mini Hugs , Ruth

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I'm interested in this one too Ruth...I haven't even considered it yet  bear_rolleyes Hmmmm....I think I would let someone else handle it like MJ, I'm the same with money...I hate thinking I may have dropped some or not counted the change properly!  Hey, I'm an artist not a mathematician LOL

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I have a cash box that I keep hidden.... when the wad of bills in my pocket gets too big I put most in the cash box. Checks and credit card slips go in there as well. Extra pens, business cards, etc too.

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California

You should all send it immediately to me....

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

:crackup:  :crackup:

What about bum bags ? Money belts ? (not those market apron-y sort  bear_smile ) I shall only have a weeny space
behind the stand to rest things on ....  bear_original

Ruth

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

hi ruth.... well it looks like you'll be next to each other in june so i dont mind looking after your money  bear_laugh i could even help you spend it im that nice! bear_rolleyes
im gonna keep mine in my pocket or the hubbies pocket... im not expecting my pockets to be bulging!!! i may have a little tin under my table with change in.
id consider a bum bag...(only consider) but i dont think they make them big enough to go round my big bum!

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Right-o Kim ; I better also bring towels / baby blankets / catching mit / bowls for hot water , er what else ????
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
bear_laugh
Ruth    (ps you can't put your money in your pockets - think of all that sterling weight added to your bab's - anyway , I think you'll need a mini-safe !!!!  bear_laugh )

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Ruth,
     I have always used a cash box at shows, but I know lots of artists that use fanny packs or money belts, especially if they are on their own.  That way, if they leave their booth, the money comes with them.  So, I think it depends on whether you are alone or not.

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I also have a metal cash box.  If my hubby didn't help me at every show, however, and I was doing it by myself, I'd probably consider a fanny pack.

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

Right-o Kim ; I better also bring towels / baby blankets / catching mit / bowls for hot water , er what else ??

hahahaha :crackup: that should just about cover things!!! bit of gas and air maybe!
i think you drew the short straw when you got stuck next to me..  what a story that would be if baby did come at the fair.... infact im not even going to tempt fate by thinking about it!!!!! bear_grin

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

I use a metal box if I´m not alone.
Otherwise I use a little bag with a long handle to have on my shoulders, so the money is with me all the time as Brenda mensioned.
:hug:

Board footer