Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

jacky jacky
essex

hi ,  can you great bear makers tell me how you keep the fur from getting all round the place  bear_whistle  bear_whistle ,my husband said to me last night .im getting used to his dinner and a little fur :crackup:  :crackup:  , have any one got a goodway to keep it in the work room,thanks jacky bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I have a hooded sweatshirt and a denim shirt to wear when I work and take off when I leave my studio. I also try to do a bunch of cutting and sewing all in one day then vacuum me and the studio. Then I have a few days of finishing that don't get me so "furry". One of those sticky roller things for dog hair or a lint brush also come in quite handy.

If you are using mohair just tell him it's protein and good for him. And it's all FIBER of some sort so that's good for him too!  :crackup:

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Umm.... retire to a shed in the garden??  Other than that, I think it's a bit like having pets - you just get used to hair with everything! bear_grin
Chrisx

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

HAHAHA, MY HUBBIES THE SAME, ITS WORSE AT THE MOMENT AS MY BUMP IS USUALY REALLY FLUFFY, SO BEORE I GO IN THE KITCHEN AND SPREAD IT AROUND I SCELLOTAPE MYSELF!!!
PLUS OVER A COUPLE OF YRS, THEY DONT NOTICE ANYMORE!!! INFACT, SOMETIME MY HUBBY EVEN OFFERS TO MAKE HIS OWN TEA, WORKED OUT GREAT FOR ME!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Yes, I'm with Kim, after a few years they get used to the fur everywhere and don't worry anymore.  My husband is used to fur "garnishes" on his food.  Once he came home for dinner quite late, and he was starving.  I was on a roll making a bear and hadn't started dinner yet.  I had the oven on baking noses and claws.  He walked in the kitchen and opened the oven saying "What's cooking for dinner".  He took one look at the bears noses and just said, "Is that dinner?"    He is really great though, and never minds when he goes to sit down and there is an arm or a leg on his chair.  Just a matter of training them I say!!!

jacky jacky
essex

thanks for your advice, bear_thumb  bear_thumb im working on fur at the moment and silly me had the fan on so it went all over the house. bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  thanks again jacky

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well I bought a little hand held Dirt Duster with a hose attachment. I cut out the bear pieces without shaking them. I  attach the hose to the Dirt Duster and vacuum the pieces. Hold on for all your might to the cut out fur for you can lose them. If so, just dig it out of the bag! I don't have fur everywhere.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:crackup:  :crackup: over the bear noses in the oven!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:   Hubby says its time to order out when you see that in the oven!   bear_laugh

Board footer