Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

SERGIE_04.jpgSERGEI_03_edited-1.jpgSERGEI_02_edited-1.jpgSERGEI_01_edited-1.jpgHI!  I just wanted to share some pictures with you all.  I just designed SERGIE the Siberain Tiger.  He is 17" tall made from short  white German mohair. 

He started out completely WHITE.  I had a blast airbrushing him from head to toe.  He does not feel airbrushed at all.  All you can feel is is soft fuzzy mohair.  His feet have needle felted white upper toes and upper eyelids,  and the bottom of his pads are  felted in black. 

He is layered in for colors in this order:  yellow ocre, burnt sienna, umber, and black.

No templates or masking was used.  He is all done freehand.  This shows how much detail you can get from a commercial airbrush.  I used my single action Badger.  I would have used my favoite paasche but I wanted to use a brand new  fine tip for the fine detail and the only new tip I had on hand was for my Badger Airbrush.

The photos done really show his green/gold eyes.

I posted him in needle felting and the showcase..if this is too much I will take them down...don't want to be a picture hog.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

So glorious, Judi... Shelli writes, for the third time today.  You're so talented, it's scary.

I understand your wanting professional photographs, but honestly, these are wonderful as they are.  In my humble opinion, anyway. 

Fantastic!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks so much Shelli.  That means a lot to me.  I am always trying to get better photographs.. I do think I need more white light as I find I often have to remove reds from my photos.  It is an ongoing learning process ...but such fun at the same time.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Judi....What can I say? Your talents are outstanding and this wonderful creation must be an entry in a competition! He is amazing and so are you!

Many Hugs Louise

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

When you said it was all white to start with, well, what can I say? You must be very proud. Stunning. I bet you studied real tigers first because it is so realistic.

By the way if you've got it flaunt it, theres never 'too much'.  bear_thumb

Deb Upstate New York

Judi ~ He's absolutely incredible!  I agree w/ Shelli; these pictures are Grrrrreat!  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you verymuch everyone.

Yes I did study photos of tigers...about seven differnt pictures.  All Siberain tigers.  These magnificant creatures have always captured my attention.  They look painted in real life.

Tigers have always been a favorite subject of mine  for drawing , painting , and airbrush painting for many many years.  God has created some beautiful animals but I think that when he created the tiger he was feeling extra creative that day. bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi wrote:

God has created some beautiful animals but I think that when he created the tiger he was feeling extra creative that day.

Yes.  He probably dragged out the ol' airbrush to do it right. bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OH MY GOODNESS! this is my fav of all of your bears/creatures so far!  WOW! you keeping him?

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

wow, you are so talented.  The tiger and everything you do are awesome!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

WOW....that pretty much says it all.
:clap: :clap:

Marion

Irene Irenours-bears
France

MAGNIFIQUE!!! Judi. I envie you to have so much talent for so much things :clap: Did you learn painting?

clare14 Country Bears
England

I'd love to spend a day with you Judi, you're AMAZING!!!   Absolutely AMAZING!!!  :clap:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think we should all take a trip to see Judi, It will be like field trip, see the moo cows, see the bear in the yard (the wonderful xmas gift) and see Judi in action!  Ok, so when do we want to plan it for  :dance:

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Judi he is awsome !  I surely would enter him for one or more of the awards ...no question about that !

Love those felted tootsies, eye lids and all of it ! Fabulous creative ability you have , I know it takes years to develope but its really fun work and play all at once.
Someone has a quote on their web site I like " Do what you love and you will never have to work again " We all know what this really means...not that you will not work... but that when you do the work you love, it is so  enjoyable and more than likely it will sell !

The Siberian and Bengal tiger are my favorites, I love the wolf too ....beautiful creatures.......Winney

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I was going to say just what Winney said... or is it Loretta?  Anyway... she beat me to it!  I must say that I think this guy would be a no brainer for an award!  The photos are stunning as well Judi!  Oh... if you don't enter this guy, I'm breaking into your house and entering him for you!

Beary truly ours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

He's just gorgeous, Judi! I LOVE tigers!  bear_wub

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

This Tigger is just gorrrrrggggeous Judi -

someone i know owns a private zoo, 'Paradise Park' in Britain - they had leopard cubs born there not long ago, but i never took up the offer to go and meet them - will you be doing any leopards Judi? I love their spots and i bet you'd do a great job with that airbrush of yours.

Penny  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Judi,  our 'Sistine Ceiling of the Airbrush' Artist

Unbelieveable-

Please, be a picture hog (not) so that everyone can see him.  He is wonderful

Tell me you aren't selling him......

ok that's dumb, because YOU can always make another one.....I guess I was thinking if you sold him he would dissappear from here and we would never see him again.....

Selll, if you must, but honey he is so fantastic!

bear_tongue

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I can't add anything that hasn't been said and your talent and ability simply defy words anyway.Love it!! Magnificent..... and I could go on and on!!

Hugs ,Shari.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Did you take a before picture while he was all white???

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Wow!  How long did it take you?  Have you airbrushed a lot before?  Do most artists use an airbrush?

mj Pinney Bears
North Carolina
Website

mj Banner Sponsor

Judi-

He is Awesome!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

oooh wow Judi, he's amazing, my mind boggle at what you achieve!

Thanks for sharing, I LOVE seeing new creations!

Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Knock me sideways and watch out for the dust! Phew! Judi you've done it again you wonderfully clever girl. Boy oh boy do I wish I had your talent Judi. Your tiger is absolutely fantastic. He's areal show piece. Do take the advice to enter him into competitions as I believe he is a sure winner. I must take lessons on airbrushing ...now see what you've done...you've just solved my husband's yearly problem of what to buy me for Christmas.  :D

Hey girls aren't we lucky to have such a talented lady here with us all...well lots of talented ladies really , but you know what I mean.
bear_thumb bear_thumb bear_thumb bear_thumb bear_thumb to Judi
The photos are wonderful thanks for sharing.
Going green with envy now.....

Jane  bear_original

Board footer