Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Cuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttte!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Winney

Does the name Lily Pons mean anything to you?   :)

How about the BellSong from Lakeme?

Ohhhhh honey....if you can sing that I will die and go to musicalheaven

WonkydonkyDilyu

I always say if there are any other opportunities after this life I really really want to be a singer!

A real singer.

A Lily Pons singer

She is to coloratura that Arthur Rubinstien is to Chopin on the Piano, as Michelangelo is to chapel ceilings!!!

Be still my heart-  If you sing for us I'll pay for your lunch! bear_happy

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh what cute Gollies you all make. Hey,  does anyone take the Soft Dolls and Animals magazine ? IN there is a regular colume by a black lady, she makes black dolls...not gollies but on some of the rag type dolls there is not much difference. The dolls are dark brown.... Winney

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Golly Geepers!  I have been away from this board for a few days and now I have to play catch up!

I have to say I just LOVE all your Golly pictures!

When I was a young child we immigrated to the USA from England.  We had Golly toys and my parents told us later that they had to be careful not to take the golliwogs out in public as they were not seen as politically correct.

It is a shame that many black people get offended by them  I think they are charming dolls..especially the ones you ladies posted.  There are lots of white dolls that are quite silly and goofy looking but they have never offended anyone that I know of...how about any of you?

Dr. Wyane Dyer says that people need to "stop getting offended.  If you want to get offended you won't ever have to look far.  It is a choice."

Also, what talent is turning up on this board!  Pianists, opera singers...wow!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Stopppp it stoopppppittttttttttt   :rolleyes::mad::rolleyes::P
I am so wanting to make gollies now - I'm going to get addicted, I just know it. Can they be hand sewn? Any good places for things like a kit where I can try one first? Ohhh gee, look what you have done..

Dilu, I love you side glancing golly...ooh mannnn..

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Jane, Dilu,

I love your Gollis!!! They are so cute.  Keep up the good work, girls! bear_original:)

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Danni I don't know about kits, but I'll tell you how I started.

I studied a bear pattern- and then pretty much made the body the same-arms, legs body etc....then I thought a flat face but a two piece back head so that I could use mohair.  It worked-

But then I got a Stieff woggy for  a present- and he has a NOSE!!!!

so then I started playing around with how to do a nose.  I can do one with a seam down the center easily enough,  but couldn't figure out how to do one without a center seam.  I do believe the Steiff was wool felt steamed over a form.

Anyway- you don't need a kit....not with the way you do bears.  Just get youtrself some black fabric and let her rip.

I sized down my 3 inchers today-I am going for 2". 

and of course they can be hand sewn-  whatever way you like-

So...now we are all waiting to see what YOU come up with....I can hardly wait.

Aren't Jane and Laure's to die for?

Yyeay we have some might talanted artists here.

Dilu

The only caveat I would have....is use good lighting=-black thread on black fabric = eye strain  bear_laugh

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

hrmmmm okay... I'll think what i can come up with.. no promises though LOL

nicole Posts: 5

bear_ermm hi i was wondering does anyone know were to get fabric markers in pastel colours online i can use on a bear that can be washed for my grand daughter??huggs...nicole

Board footer