Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What can be sold

This section outlines the items that can be listed for sale on Etsy.

Handmade by you

* All items must be handmade by the individual(s) running the Etsy shop.
    * On Etsy, the term "handmade" can additionally be interpreted as "hand-assembled" or "hand-altered".

Commercial crafting supplies

* These are not items handmade by you.
    * This section is for items that can be used to make other items you might find for sale on Etsy (such as yarn, beads, instructional books, patterns, tools, etc.
    * Shipping supplies and packaging materials are also allowed in the Supplies category.
    * These listings must be placed in the Supplies category, and tagged as commercial. (Categories such as Books and Zines are for handmade items only.)

Vintage goods

* The Vintage category is for things that are at least 20 years old.
    * These listings must be placed in the Vintage category.

K, this was in the SELL area and like usual, Etsy makes it quick and easy.  I really should learn something from their writing style. bear_original

Anyhoos, looks like vintage stuff needs to be at least 20 years old to qualify.  Otherwise what you list has to be handmade, or a supply.  You can't sell, for instance, something ten years old, manufactured.  And so on. 

Hope this helps a little. bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Oh, see, there you go.  Easy peasy, I told you so. 

Have at it and do share the link to your shop so we can find you!  I happen to stick mine in my signature here, which is handy. 

Have fun!

ciderantiques Ciderantiques and Old Soul Bears
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Hi Shelli, Thank you !  I think we both found the info at the same time.  It is a very user friendly site. 

I think the last time I looked the category did not exist.  I am glad they added vintage.  It wasn't around when I signed up a few months ago.   

~ Karen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Yeah, that's new.  I think people wanted the site to remain pure and true to its original purpose -- selling handmade goods -- but lots of artistic types also are drawn to, and use, vintage items in their work.  So rather than just confuse the site I guess they decided to split listings into three broad areas:  vintage, supplies, and handmade.  I'm telling you a little more than I know on this but I recall reading something to that effect a month or so ago.

So glad you're enjoying it.  It's a superb place to browse.

Board footer