Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

For some reason, something has "sucked all the joy" out of bear making for me.  I'm not sure when it happened or where it happened but nonetheless it did happen.  So with sadness, I have decided to make the Doll and Teddy Bear Expo the end of my "career" as a bear artist.  It's been a pleasure working and getting to know most of you over the years and I look forward to seeing you continue to grow as artists.  I am constantly amazed at the talent that surrounds me!

P.S.  I will continue with my Blog and will still add patterns and generally act silly there.  So stop by when you get a chance!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  Lisa, you must do what your heart and soul tell you, but you're going to be sorely missed around here, my friend.  Your talent, generosity, wit/humor, and all around genuine "niceness" don't go unnoticed.  I hope you enjoy wherever your muse takes you.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Awwwww....Lisa, say it ain't so!!!  Your creations are just marvelous and I hate the fact that the world will be void of your fabulous, quirky creations!  I hope that maybe taking a break will re-inspire you and maybe you will be back at it eventually????  We will all miss you and I hope you do stop by and say hi here when you can...

Take Care,
Jeremy

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Don't leave us completely behind, Lisa--

bear_original I'd love to hear about your new ventures, and we all gotta do what we gotta do. :dance:

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Hi Lisa,
    I'm sorry to hear that the "joy" is missing! I live a few hours from you in Caswell County, NC and hoped one day to meet you or see you at a show near us.  I will keep looking at your blog bear_original and admiring your work bear_wub

Hugs,
              JeannieB bear_original

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Egads!!  I'm at a total loss bear_shocked  bear_cry  bear_cry

bear_cry  :hug:  bear_cry
~Chrissi

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

bear_cry  bear_cry  :cry:Well....you must follow your heart... but you andyour bears will be missed. I will of course coninue to visit your blog and watch for your quirky creations. I so echo all that Sue Ann said!  bear_wub

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

oh no, Lisa.   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry   I agree with Sue Ann that you have to do what your heart and soul tell you.  I wish you the best.   Just don't leave TT.   bear_original

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Lisa, I just can't believe it! I don't know what to say. You've been very helpful and encouraging to me and I love your work. I hope you don't leave TT altogether; I would miss you so. I know you'll continue being very creative. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thanks for the kind words.  I wish I knew what to say at this point.  Each of you has been such a huge influence on me with your kindness and support.  I'm just at a point in my life where I've lost my enthusiasm and I don't know how to get it back.

Hugs to you all...

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Hi Lisa
We all go thru phases in our lives and where we lack inspiration and enthusiam.  You will find you are probably just in one of those transition phases. Just keep being creative!!!
Hugs Lisa :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sometimes the muse takes a vacation.  I understand completely.  She comes back, though, usually... in time.  So maybe don't say goodbye, but just, see ya later...???

I, for one, will miss seeing your fantastic creations shuffle thru my flickr browsings.  Here's hoping you're not on sabbatical forever...

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I like "see ya later" too!  I hope it's not forever.  Your designs are just to wonderful to go by the wayside.  You are such a talent and have fabulous ideas.  I'm confident you will find your way....wherever it leads you.  To greatness and beyond!!!

Hugs and hugs, :hug:
Aleta

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Lisa,  I do hope you will stay in touch with us on TT and let us know where your creative side is taking you.  Perhaps after a break away from bears, you may feel a little more revived.  Come back and visit us often and have a ball in this new phase of your life.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh Lisa!!!  I am totally floored.  I am SO sorry!!!   I had a great time when you came to visit at the Schaumburg show last year  bear_flower

I hope you just need a break and can enjoy bear making again....

HUGE hugs!!!!!!!!

karenaus Melbourne
Website
Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

I like "see ya later" too!  I hope it's not forever.  Your designs are just to wonderful to go by the wayside.  You are such a talent and have fabulous ideas.  I'm confident you will find your way....wherever it leads you.  To greatness and beyond!!!

Hugs and hugs, :hug:
Aleta

What Aleta said! I will miss your bears Lisa, but I look forward to seeing where your creativity takes you! :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Lisa,
     I'm so sorry you are feeling uninspired with your bears and are contemplating quitting.  I don't know how you have managed with your three small ones.  Keep in touch and let us know how it's going.
     I'm with Shelli, though - I have come close to quitting as well on two occasions, but somehow after a bit, I saw something that seemed to call me back to bears.   So go where your heart takes you and hopefully it will be in a circle and you will return, refreshed and enthusiastic.  Take care of yourself. 

hugs,

Brenda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm sensing a trend. You are the 4th established artist I know of to "quit" in the last couple of weeks.  bear_cry
You and your fun and interesting creations will be missed! Glad you are keeping your blog going... it's so much fun!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Lisa, I can't add anything new here... Everyone's said it well!!  I do hope that at some point, you feel that flicker of excitement well up in you when you think of making another bear.  It's sad to ever hear that a bear artist is going to stop creating, but I do know how you feel about needing to be passionate and happy about what you do.  Big hugs to you, and I hope to see you again creating!

Kimberly W.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Follow your heart, Lisa, ....you will be creating something else in no time, its in your blood, you'll be missed, but something better is in the wind for you.....and that is what is important.

dilu

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'll be see'n ya on your blog, Lisa.  I get my daily dose of giggles there...well almost daily.  Sometimes a girl just has to do what feels right...hopefully, someday you'll get the itch to play in mohair again and a little bear with be calling out to you. 

Best of wishes!!!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Ditto, ditto, ditto all of the above, Lisa.  I'll be checking in on your blog regularly too.  Is it just bears?  Do you think you'll be creating things other than bears?  Seems we creative types need a creative outlet of some sort.  Well, anyway, you'll have more time to spend with those three darlings of yours.

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Well, Lisa, it really wasn't all that long ago that I also totally quit the bear biz....but it didn't last long...just a few months. I couldn't stop making bears even though I tried. Maybe you just need a break.

bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
Kathy

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Lisa, NOOO!!! Don't say you give up!
I know our hobby/art/work/etc need inspiration once awile. Each year I have a long crisis for about 2-3 month!
I got used to it. I think, dream, draw and make plans when I'm not able to sew. But my muza always comes back. bear_original So, I'm sure yours are just on her way! Just take a vacation and get some rest from the shows, competions and orders deadlines.

I hope we will see your funniest sweetest and absolutely adorable bears in the nearest future. (and in the furthest too!!!)

Hugs hugs hugs to you!
Julia

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Yes, take a nice long break and see how ya feel then, your creations are sooooooooooooo adorable! I will miss seeing them for sure.

Board footer