Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

HPIM1634.JPGHPIM1633.JPGHi everyone! bear_flower   When we went to a visit in Mexico,my husband bought this TV Bear in a flea market. So...I was just wondering if anyone in here knows any infomation on a large TV Bear,is biege has TV Bear in the front on his body and eyes and mouth move when  a switch under the batteries case is turned on. If you know of such bear any info would be appreciated. Thank You!  :hug:  :hug:

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I googled TV Teddy and came up with this page, has some information on it .

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/434/

shane

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

What info do you what? I have one as well. I got it for my daughter when she was a bout 1 so that would have been 1995 -  96 ish. I bought it new. What else would you like to know?
You have a transformer that interacts with TV teddy videos. so you play the video and tv teddy talks with the TV.

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Thank You Shane I will take a look at the site.
Thank You! Petra, for responding :hug:  I just got it 2 weeks ago and have not put in the batteries yet for it to work.
I was just wondering why it was called TV Bear.

I plan to entertain my grandchildern with it after working,If it works.
Where would I get the TV Teddy videos? Did these come with it when you bought it?
It has amused them since I got it,especially the little ones. They dress up with their little hands they close and open the mouth and eyes or lay it down to sleep,they just love to  play and pretend. it is talking to them or each other.

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Shane I went to the site and read the info. What ever it may have been then or opinions of persons now It doesn't matter, What matters is that my husband thought about me when he saw it and bought it and traveled with him on a plane.And now this little guy is entertaining my grandchildern with their imaginable make believe in their little hearts. They dress him and cover him.
I laugh and really enjoy seeing them,especially when they come to me and tell me what it said to one another.or when I am passing by, they tell me shhh.... TV Bear is sleeping. :hug:  :hug:

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

Yes it came with videos but I got some more from ebay only about a year ago. You should find some on there. Did you get the receiver with it??? or was it only the bear?

staticbear76 Posts: 222

i want one to mate it looks so cool i saw commercials on them in the 8o's on tv when i was a lil bloke man i wanted one so much and a my pet monster plush too it had competition from teddy ruxpin and other interactive plush toys at one point i remember a he man type toys that interacted with the tv like his sword and gi joe had action figures that did amazing things with the tv when an episode of the show was on man those where cool toys back then.

your husband is a real great guy he got it for and your grandkids but i know it talks on stray frequency sometimes a friend of mine had well my nephew he had tons of that stuff and still does ever since they got wifi  some of the toys with batteries in them makes weird noises talks for no reason and does funky sound effects maybe due to the frequency being used by the xbox360 and it wireless wifi connections man this is so cool even cel phones can do a random effect to toys from that time.

the same technology is present today for instance in japan on game boy ds for pokemon diamond and pearl and the other games like ranger for the pokemon series a movie used a wifi signal to download a manaphy to the gbds's at the theater manaphy is a rare legendary pokemon and the movie is manaphy and the sea prince or legend of the sea prince it is so cool how they do this still.

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Petra no mine did not come with a reciever. Just the picture of the bear with the battery case under it.I am going to leave it as it is and let the kids enjoy it in the way they play with it.  :hug:
Staticbear76 you seem excited. Thank You for your info and comment of my husband. He likes collecting the windable toys and we wind them up for the kids sometimes on rainy days so they can enjoy them also he bought a blue robot dog and he does alot of things too such as barking,laying wagging tail walking forward and back and sits and stands on his two hind feet :hug:

those are so cool too my friend has a robotic dinosaur that does a lot of stuff too we did some funny stuff with tv controllers it did funny sounds and odd things like spin slowly and flip it was cool.

Board footer