Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

who don't have enough courtesy to reply to emails or private messages?

Makes me wonder just what this world is coming to!  :doh:

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Don't even get me started on this topic!!!!!  bear_angry  Especially businesses, or individuals that you are or did business with.....................AAUUGGHH   

Ellen

K Pawz Guest

I find not replying to emails annyoing, but for private messages you may need to give people the benefit of the doubt in case they don't know they have PM's or not....on this topic is there any way to be notified via email of PM's in here???

Edited to add, that with emails they still aren't a sure thing to get to people, so I always send a second email if I don't hear back just in case the first one didn't make it through cyber space, you never know the person you are upset with for not replying to your email may never have gotten it in the first place....don't you just love technology!!!

hugs,
Krista

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website
K Pawz wrote:

I find not replying to emails annyoing, but for private messages you may need to give people the benefit of the doubt in case they don't know they have PM's or not....on this topic is there any way to be notified via email of PM's in here???

hugs,
Krista

Hi Krista,
Yes, there is! bear_original   Click on the'Profile' button and then click the 'Privacy' section from the left hand menu.  There you will find all the options for your e-mail settings - tick the box that says "notify by e-mail for private messaging".

Hugs,
Christine

K Pawz Guest

whooo hooo thanks Christine! I will never miss another PM again!!

hugs,
krista

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I know I am behind on my emails... :doh:   I have 1076 unread emails in my inbox.  They are not spam either.  Most of them are jokes, etc that are sent to me by family and friends.  I am pretty sure I'm caught up with my pressing emails - at least I HOPE so!  Sometimes they get buried and I forget  :cry:

Think it's time for me to do a clean slate for my business emails.... next week.  I know you weren't talking about me Sandi, but I thank you for bringing this up and to the forefront of my "to do" list  bear_grin   It's long overdue...

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

This is a really tough subject for me because I get a minimum of 30 personal messages a day and I can't possibly get to each and every person personally every day.  Once messages go to the second page in my in basket it's hard to catch up because the messages aren't front and center.  Add to that the blog messages.  I'm running two companies, a household, my mother is ill and we've had another family member pass from her long battle with cancer.  If you've written me a note and I haven't responded, it's not because I don't care.  I do.  It's because my life is on the spin cycle and unless you catch me on the computer exactly when your message comes through or you catch me in the rinse cycle you're going to have to e-mail me again.

It is, what it is.  I'm doing my best.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  Sandi, I know you weren't talking about me.  I guess I just have "guilty" stamped on my forehead, I'm feeling bad about it, and felt the need to explain.  bear_sad

K Pawz Guest

Well said Aleta!
sorry about all the things going on for you though, that can't always be easy.

Hugs,
Krista

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Someone here on TT not responding to you, Sandi?? bear_tongue

I figure if it's THAT important and in oversight I didn't respond to an email they'll either email me again on call me. My number is easy enough to find and that goes for a lot of us. What did we do before email????? It's great, don't get me wrong, and we keep in touch with more folks than we ever did before resulting in more friendhsips and closer ties... but now it becomes so time consuming and SOMETHING has to be left undone in order to get to everything else. I have a love hate relationship with my computer... its a necessity in today's age but it can't be the thing my life revolves around! Life is still going on around me!!
:hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I try really hard to keep on top of my emails, but I have to put my hands up to being appalling at noticing when I have pm's!  :redface:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Uh-oh...hope you're not talking about me, Sandi. As other's have said, when it's not front and center, I sometimes forget. I usually read through and delete and save those needing response for later and I do sometimes get distracted. You've hit a note with many of us, Sandi. But I do love getting emails.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

My heavens I seemed to have touched a nerve...no it's none of you.  :crackup:

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Lol, looks like lots of us forget or just can't get to messages. I have the same problems.. or I had another issue.. when my friend called to ask if I got her emails.. and I hadn't! ack. that always makes me so annoyed.

Hugs,
Melanie

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What Aleta said; every last word of it. 

And on top of that I am a total chowderhead at keeping track of PMs and eMails.  Despite being relatively organized in my real life I am for some reason really "forgetful" when it comes to owing people messages... even people I really care about, and messages that are really important!!!

I know you're not talking about me Sandi -- why don't you ever write me, woman?? lol... -- but I'm "guilty" like Aleta, and boy, does it feel good to put that in print.  Disclaimers logged for the day, I can be off to my business a little less laden by guilt...!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Yep, this has been a very therapeutic 'forgive me Sandi, for I have sinned ...' kinda thread!  Feeling much better for it! bear_tongue

Board footer