Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

i saw one today in a secondhand/thrift store...its letters started with EF...does anyone know how old that is?? it was electric..but i don't know if it always was..it had its cover made of wood..and was AU$200...i have no idea if thats a good price or not..anyone know??
Kerrilyn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kerrilyn,
We just recently had a great discussion on vintage Singers... Featherweights in particular!
Here is the link: http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=24585
You'll find a link to a website with lots of info on featherweights, what the serial number means, etc.

You can also use the search option at the top of the page in the horizontal menu bar to find more discussions on vintage and featherweight machines.

If it's a featherweight you saw, I can tell you that in the US a machine from the 30s-50s in good condition with attachments, carry case & manual go for about $400-500 US. You could check ebay to see what they are going for there also as many who are selling one use the eBay prices for a guide when pricing their own.

Do as much research as you can... it's an investment... be sure you invest in the one you are really going to want!

Board footer