Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

A quick update on hurricane/tropical storm Kyle. It hit us last night right on schedule. It came ashore as a cat.1 but lost a lot of its umph by the time it got to where Tammy and I live.  Although the winds do really sound like a train going by your door.  Lots of branches down... AND  the worst part... my power went out 1 minute and 14 seconds BEFORE my ebay auction ended bear_cry Talk about left "high and dry".. That was about 10:45 PM... It came back on in the middle of the night...So I got up and checked on my auction...and then emailed the buyer...Yes TTrs  I made my first eBay sale... :dance:   Thanks for all your support both for my auction, and the worry about the Nova Scotia branch of TT and hurricane Kyle. 
Hugs
Gail G

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

I'm so happy for you!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

I just talked to a friend in Texas who has taken in two friends who used to live on the Texas coastline. Her friends escaped with just their dogs and the clothes on their backs....both their homes were completely destroyed in the hurricane.

....we have to count our blessings...
:hug:
Kathy

puca bears puca bears

BIG sigh of relief, Gail - and congrats on your first ebay sale! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
huggies
Maria

Nova Scotia Canada

Thank you Kathy and Maria. It's so hard not to overreact to a storm.  It's so dark, and so loud and so frightening with all that turmoil going on outside, what you hope is, your safe haven. The thump thump of falling trees and the crash of debris against your windows and house is terrifying!!! bear_cry  Kathy your friend in Texas has a kind soul. I just can't imagine losing everything to weather. I just have to say, that all the response from TT'rs does make a difference.  It is so reassuring to know that all of you are thinking of us during a time of stress.
Thank you and bless you
Gail G

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Gail,

I'm glad that you and Tammy weathered the storm okay. Too bad about your power going out but I am glad that it was restored quickly.

Congrats on completing your first eBay auction. I haven't had the courage to do that yet and with all the problems probably won't.

Hugs,

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:dance: I'm glad you made it through the storm fine Gail. And got to happily complete your ebay sale. bear_thumb
Both stressful in themselves let alone together. :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big congrats on your sale . . . that is always a really super feeling!  And I'm really glad that Kyle was nicer than Ike.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Gail, I am so relieved to hear all is well. Clearing up broken branches etc. is a pain but at least you are ok along with your home. I have never experienced such bad weather and hope I never will.
Congtaulations on your first eBay sale,  bear_thumb   typical, that the power crashed just before the end of the sale, I can just imagine your face as the power went.  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Nova Scotia Canada

Thanks all, it really helped to be ready for the storm.  We certainly can take a chapter from the southern US on how to prepare for severe weather.  Also thanks for your moral support through storm and auction... good outcome on both... luv you all more everyday I'm on this site. bear_wub
Hugs
Gail

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

...Phew!!!... REALLY REALLY pleased you've both come through it unscathed!!!  :dance:  :hug:  :hug:   

Talk about timing, though!  Congratulations for your first Ebay auction, and only too happy your power wasn't out too terribly long  :hug:

Board footer