Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Did anybody take their Bears to work today?

Our human, Randy, took one of us to work with him today.
There are too many of us in this den for all of us to go!  We elect one of us to go and report back to the rest of the hug when she returns home.

Yes, we know today is Saturday and most humans don't go to work on Saturday.  But our human, Randy works in the theater so his busiest day is on Saturday.

This year it was "Bunny Friday" who went to the theater with Randy.
(She's named "Friday" because she was born on Good Friday.)

Randy and Bunny took lots of pictures while they were at work in the theater.  As soon as they got home we set about processing the pictures and we built a mini website to tell everybody about Bunny's adventures.

Here's the result:
http://homepage.mac.com/randystankey/Be … index.html

PS:  If you didn't take a Bear to work today, you can do it on Monday.  This year the event fell on a Saturday.  You get a reprieve.  bear_laugh

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Us Bears, it looks like bunny had a great time (I got the Friday bit of her name, but why bunny? Does she think she's a bunny - if thats the case, she would look lovely with a headband with bunny ears on it  bear_grin  )   I spent my Saturday at a bear fair and although I didn't take one of mine there, I did manage to take one home and so did my daughter  bear_whistle  does that count?

Hugs Ali

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Looks like bunny had a fun day at the office.  I work at a school and my bear friends often get to come for a visit, even without a special day.  They are lucky.
Joanne

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Well...  Let's see...  "Take A Teddy Bear Home From Work Day"...  Hmmm...
That sounds okay to us!  :D

About the Bear named "Bunny"...  It's a little bit of a long story:

Around these parts, Us Bears consider Valentine's Day to be one of the most important Teddy Bear holidays.  Christmas is a big holiday but Teddies are symbols of love.  bear_wub  Valentie's Day is when humans celebrate love.  So that's why Bears think Valentine's Day is so important.

Now, you can find lots of Bears on the store shelves, waiting to find loving homes on Valentine's Day but there are also rabbits.  Rabbits are cute and we don't mind sharing our holiday with the bunnies.  bear_flower  Teddy Bears like to share things as much as we like to hug and snuggle.  We are happy to let the bunnies have fun too.

So a few weeks later comes Easter.  Of course, Easter is a bunny holiday.  We wouldn't have it any other way!   bear_thumb  But we think the bunnies should share their holiday with us.  We shared our holiday with them.  It's only fair.  Right?

Well, just go to the stores and look for an Easter Bear!  The stores are packed with Easter Bunnies but you'll be hard-pressed to find an Easter Bear!  They are few and far between!
That makes us sad  bear_cry and a little bit grumpy!   :mad:

A Bear would never hurt a bunny but, come Easter time, there are a few of us who might tug on a bunny's ears when he wasn't looking.   :whistle:
Okay...  We wouldn't really do that.   bear_innocent  But that's how we feel, some times.   bear_sad

The moral of the story is that "Bunny Friday" got her name because she was born on Good Friday, two days before Easter.  She is our "Official Easter Bear."

Her name is "Bunny" just because we want to tell those selfish rabbits that Bears can have fun on Easter too!   bear_tongue

sabina13 Posts: 3

hi..yes, i do..i have a mini on my bag! i love teddied everywhere..my table at work looks like a store stand! blame it on the cute bears! lol!  bear_original

bear_thumb      bear_thumb     bear_flower

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I love Bunny Fridays story and good for her to stand up for bear rights!  bear_grin  Perhaps she could have her frustration out on a choccolate bunny next Easter rather than tug one's ears  bear_whistle

Hugs Ali

Board footer