Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

ATT8047181.jpg

Paul Newman

Only women of a certain era will fully appreciate this.. True story.
(If you don't understand this,tell your mother, she'll get it!)

A Michigan woman and her family were vacationing in a small New England   town where
Paul Newman and his family often visited.

One Sunday morning, the woman got up early to take a long walk. After a brisk five-mile hike,
she decided to treat herself to a double-dip chocolate ice cream cone.

She hopped in the car, drove to the center of the village and went straight
to the combination bakery/ice cream parlor.

There was only one other patron in the store:
Paul Newman, sitting at the counter having a doughnut and coffee.

The woman's heart skipped a beat as her eyes made contact with those famous baby-blue eyes.

The actor nodded graciously and the star struck woman smiled demurely.

Pull yourself together!  She chides herself. You're a happily married woman with three children,
you're forty-five years old, not a teenager!

The clerk filled her order and she took the double-dip chocolate ice cream cone in one hand and her
change in the other. Then she went out the door, avoiding even a glance in Paul Newman's direction.

When she reached her car, she realized that she had a handful of change but her other hand was empty.
Where's my ice cream cone?  Did I leave it in the store? Back into the shop she went, expecting to see the
cone still in the clerk's hand or in a holder on the counter or something! No ice cream cone was in sight..

With that, she happened to look over at Paul Newman.
His face broke into his familiar,warm,friendly grin and he said to the woman,

'You put it in your purse.'

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
I love those baby blues, he was such a wonderful actor & man!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website
doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Yummy looking guy that Paul Newman. Oh boy, how funny. I can sort of relate to this a bit...
When my son was three we were at a play park when he, unknown to me, put his ice lolly in my bag for later as he wanted to play on the swings. Everything was dripping with melting orange water, what a mess!

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Densteds Densteds
Website

Wasn't he a gorgeous man, not just to look at but a beautiful person, all the money he earned from his pasta sauces went to charities...so sad to hear he passed away.

I remember my daughter saying when she was working in Dublin in Ireland, she was on a night out with her girlfriends, one was having a birthday... they were in one of the Irish pubs and Pierce Brosnan walked in, and of course they all swooned and he actually came over and spoke to them and gave the birthday girl a kiss....apparently she hasn't washed her face since.. :crackup:  :crackup:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I didn't know who he was except being the face on the pasta sauce jars  :redface:  Until sadly, I learnt more about him at his passing  bear_sad  he does sound like a great man..
Jane, great story   bear_laugh

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Laurie :hug:

puca bears puca bears

oooh I can relate to this story!
Some years back I had the thrill of meeting Placido Domingo (opera singer)...............and all of a sudden I was 14 years old again...............opened my mouth to speak and all that came out was a cross between a sigh and a squeak!
Whereupon i was treated to a dazzling, warm smile............. Placido should have a Government Health Warning
stamped across his forehead - something about knees turning to jelly!
And I have to add that Paul Newman was utterly gorgeous...............
huggies
Maria

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

Besides his charitable work my favorite has always been that when he was asked how he kept such a long Hollywood marriage he answered, "Why have hamburger out, when you have steak at home."

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

I love Paul Newman. Sad that he passed away recently. But those eyes.......

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Great story and photo, fabulous actor, his movies are great two and three times over.  Great humanatarian, also race car driver, not alone his pasta sauses and salad dressing. What a man!

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I will always have a huge soft spot for Paul Newman, man was he ever handsome, and loyal to his wife. I admire that about him almost as much as his great good looks!!!! bear_wub Give me Cool Hand Luke anyday over todays stars!!! bear_thumb

Stellajella Wien

What a man! bear_wub ...and what a cute story!

Gaby bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I've had a big crush on him forever.  My other crush is Robert Redford.  Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and The Sting . . . yummy!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Sue Ann you and me both I just had the most lovely smile when I read this I hate to think what dumb thing I would have done in her place Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Raewyn

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

I read somewhere once that his wife had said, 'He's never had an ugly day in his life'. ( I quite agree with her)

Lucky lady wasn't she ..................a sad loss bear_sad

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

YEP when I was a kid I had a big crush on him. bear_grin  Paul Newman and Robert Redford were the George Clooney and Brad Pitt of their day.  :dance:

Board footer