Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I am sitting here sewing white fur snowballs with faces to decorate my stall on november 20th and reading all the new posts and wondered what everyones fave christmas song miht be
mine is,  fairy tale of newyork by kirsty mc,call :dance: :dance: :dance:

gingerbear vermont

wow, it's really hard to choose just one... especially since my daughter is named "noelle"  lol...  :whistle:

i like tori amos' version of "have yourself a merry little christmas", which for some reason reduces me to tears no matter who sings it!!! :cry:

sinead o'connor does the most beautiful "silent night" i've ever heard... bear_rolleyes

hard to beat vince guaraldi's jazzy peanuts christmas stuff.... :)

tony bennett's "snowfall" cd is lovely  :whistle:

anything from the choral group "chanticleer"  :love:

if i had to choose just one maybe it would be louis armstrong's "zat you santa claus?"  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

ginnie  bear_rolleyes

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Hi Estelle,

hmmmm... I love them all, but my very favorite Christmas song is "Silver Bells."  bear_whistle

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Can't think of an all time favorite but one song that comes to mind is Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt.  Just picked up a couple of new Chistmas CD's that I really like.  If you like a little jazz in your holiday Harry For The Holidays by Harry Connick, Jr. is great.   bear_thumb  Jazz for the holidays by Martha Stewart Living Music is pretty darned good too.  Enjoy!   :dance:

Silly smiles,
Aleta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

"Mary Did You Know?" by Mark Lowry.... sung by loads of famous artists. It's just beautiful and not your typical christmas carol.... though there are oodles of those I like too.  :lol:

Ginnie - I don't think I've heard Sinead do 'Silent Night'... I'll have to check that out. It's such a  beautiful song.

Daphne

Dilu Posts: 8,574

All wonderful choices....are we getting ready?  You make me want to crank up the player and dig out the CD's

Oh will the cute ol Hubs roll his eyes at this!  Which is always fun to do too..... bear_whistle drive the ol boy nuts and keep 'em on his feet and guessing! :angel:

bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

IT'S A RULE AT MY HOUSE . . . . NO CHRISTMAS MUSIC UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING!!!!  bear_rolleyes  bear_tongue  bear_smile  With stores getting all Christmas-y sometimes in August, but definitely always by September, I say we just need to take the days as they come.  Each special day needs its own attention . . . sometimes Thanksgiving is just an afterthought.  Okay - sorry if I sounded a little harsh, but I get SO hassled with Christmas doin's and the rush and stress . . . I'm always SOOOOOO glad when it's finally over.  My apologies to those who don't celebrate all these holidays and to those who adore them.   :hug:  Guess one of my favorite Christmas CDs of all time is one by Andy Williams.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Man, I guess I'm a Scrooge!
I hate xmas music, gets stuck in my head and never leaves!!!! Even now, I'm singing some!! LoL
And I'm with Sue Ann,I get all mad when people put out their xmas lights in November. Sorry to offend  :redface:
Here in Canada, we have already had our thanksgiving, so right after halloween, the stores start to put up xmas stock already, and it's just too early for me!!
I don't mind xmas, but only a couple weeks of it, not a couple or few months.
Go ahead, call me the grinch!!  :cry:

Heather

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Heather,
You are not a grinch!
Christmas is SOOOO commercialized!
If we celebrated Christmas, decorated, played christmas carols, etc. for a long period of time but did it in celebration of Jesus' birth, not just to boost the economy I wouldn't mind so much. But the whole purpose of Christmas is lost because of the secular emphasis.
And those Christmas in July sales when the stores bring out their holiday stuff from last Christms just make me CRINGE!!!
Christmas decorations, merchandise, TV commercials, etc. should be banned until the last weekend in November. I could deal with just one month of it.

There... we can be scrooges together!  :hug:

Todmorden West Yorkshire

sorry if i touched a sore point folks I am a brit and dont even know when thanks giving is  :redface:

Odessa, Tx

Dear Estelle,

No sore point touched here  :rose:
I know alot of people that already have their Christmas shopping done!
Yes there are some places and people that get carried away with the Christmas season. But I for one love seeing the lights and decorations. I love riding around town to see it ALL!
You just asked a simple question about a favorite song, thats all. As a matter of fact, people in our business have to think very early about making bears ahead of time to be ready for Christmas gifts.
I was raised in a small town in Colorado and I remember "Trick or Treating" in a foot of snow with my paper grocery bag. In that type of weather, it just made the holidays run so much closer together.
Some enjoy it and some don't. I for one cant wait to get my "Christmas Story" dvd out and sit with my mohair in hand and create that bear for someones special gift.   :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Not to worry, Estelle . . . some of us over here do get a little ticked when Christmas is brought out too early.  No wonder you aren't familiar with Thanksgiving.  It is a holiday that got its start in America after the colonists came over from England!  :redface:  :redface:  We celebrate it always on a Thursday . . . this year being Nov. 24th.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I ADORE CHRISTMAS........  bear_wub

XmasGlobe1h.gif
Xmastree3.gif
Christmas01p.gif
Christmas01y.gif

CAN YOU TELL???? HO HO HO

This year will be my Grandsons first Christmas and i just CAN'T WAIT  :dance:

He will be nearly 1 year old by then and as he's into EVERTHING already he's really gonna enjoy it - in fact, nearly as much as me and his Grandpa will

Penny  bear_wub

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

No toes stepped on!! I just love to complain, and although I agree with Daphine about xmas, I'm happy to see other people enjoy it. That's what it's all about right?? The spirit.

Heather

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Estelle - don't you worry!
I didn't say I don't like Christmas... it's just hard to think of it as it's meant to be thought of now-adays with all the whoopla that ends up making it drawn out, expensive and stressful!

I LOVE christmas carols, don't you worry!!! I'm known to sing them in the middle of summer when it's hot just to help cool off by imagining snow and holiday lights and all the beauty at Christmastime (which is now 2 months long  :doh: !)

Todmorden West Yorkshire

I had know idea thanks giving was so close to christmas, all ive ever seen about it has been on friends or the simpsons. but i would like to wish everyone a  "happythanksgiving" just incase i forget afain before hand. I have enjoyed all your song choices such a variety, some i dont think have crossed the pond because i havent heard all of them  :bday: :dance: :hug:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

joshy.JPGI don't think that you girls are Old Grouch's - normally i would be dreading all the preparations.....

finding a turkey big enough to feed a third world nation and then finding a baking tin big enough to put it in....

choosing the perfect present for everyone that does'nt cost the earth but does'nt look cheap and nasty..........

buying enough food to last a nuclear winter and then throwing nearly half of it away because we are all so sick of it........

Yep, the list is usually endless but this year is going to be so special for us with little Joshua around, ooooo i'm filling up here
bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

I'm just a silly old boot really

Penny bear_wacko

gingerbear vermont

Here in Vermont we take sleigh rides and feed birds and go caroling and skating on the pond and build snowmen.... I love Christmas. Everyone volunteers, I love Vermont, Christmas is not about commercialization here among the people I know.

I have to admit I'm strange though.... I secretly listen to Christmas music all year long, hiding away with my ear phones on!!! Teeheee!!!

ginnie :redface:

gingerbear vermont
Daphne wrote:

"Mary Did You Know?" by Mark Lowry.... sung by loads of famous artists. It's just beautiful and not your typical christmas carol.... though there are oodles of those I like too.  :lol:

Ginnie - I don't think I've heard Sinead do 'Silent Night'... I'll have to check that out. It's such a  beautiful song.

Daphne

Daphne it's a difficult recording to find, but worth it if you can. I think it's on a cd with only another song or two on it.

ginnie

Odessa, Tx

Oh Ginnie! Vermont sounds glorious....
Living here in west texas all I can do is dream about being in a state such as yours. I have always told my husband that if we were ever to go on a second honeymoon it would be up yonder in your neck of the woods...
You will have to post a picture for us all to see  bear_grin

Odessa, Tx

Penny,

Joshua is a sweet baby angel!  bear_innocent
I love them when they are at this age. So fun to play with.  :rose:
Is he your first grandchild?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Yes, Penny . . . Joshua is ADORABLE!!  Christmas is probably a lot more fun with small children around!

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

HiPenny,
                       Like you I love Xmas too  always have and always will. Just 7 weeks to go Yaaaaaaaaa. Your little Grandson is adorable, he has the most beautiful eyes . I bet you are so proud. My first Grandson is now 20 years old ,but I love being a Gran ,its brilliant and I have 2 Grandsons and 3 Grandaughters, 3 of them with Birthdays just a few days after Xmas too. Now I feel all broody...... yes, even at my age . Big Hugs Rita xxxx

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Estelle, I like that Christmas song -Fairytale of New York that is with the Pogues isn't it?
Did you know Kirsty was tragically killed in a boating accident while swimming in the sea
while on holiday.
I think it is so much fun to stand around the piano and all sing Christmas Carols.

Penny your little grandson is so adorable and what a fun time it will be for your family this Christmas.

Hugs
Carolyn

gingerbear vermont

Roxanne, if I can ever figure out how to post photos to this group without dear Penny helping out, I will definitely post some of Vermont for you! We would love having you for a visit, too.   :rose:

Penny your grandbaby Joshua is the sweetest little darling, you are a lucky lady this year!!!  :dance:

ginnie bear_rolleyes

Pages:

Board footer