Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

i000770_big.jpgi000772_big.jpgi000771_big.jpgi000767_big.jpgi000766_big.jpgi000765_big.jpgHas any of you girls seen these pixs just before it hit

gingerbear vermont

that's terrifying!  but the photos are gorgeous....

ginnie

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wow Fran

Breathtakingly beautiful......Nature is awe inspiring    Thank you for sharing these

bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Those pics are just unbelievable!  Beautiful, but sooooooo destructive!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

O my Goodness - those pics give me the willies !!

How scary is that????

I'd be in a fast car heading in the opposite direction DAYS before this thing got anywhere near me

I'm just a scaredy cat at heart  :cry:

Penny

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow that is scary. Its windy here, time for bed, and I have just seen these photos.   Now I hope I don't have any nightmares. bear_sad

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Penny - a scaredy cat?? I find that hard to believe LOL   :rose:

Danni

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

These pictures were emailed to me a few weeks ago and they made me catch my breath. I could not even imagine seeing these in the real. bear_sad bear_sad bear_sad bear_shocked

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_shocked Amazing, Fran!

Eileen

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

morning_glory.jpgWow! Wow! Wow! What fantastic pictures. My daughter got me to save them for her.

This picture is of a morning glory cloud. The Gulf is the only place in the world where this meteorological phenomenon - a rolling cloud up to 1000 kilometres long, stretching from horizon to horizon - occurs with predictable regularity from September to November. From the front, the cloud, one to two kilometres high, appears to roll backwards as it advances across the Gulf at about 40 kilometres an hour.
It gets its name from its arrival time on shore, at dawn, near the remote community of Burketown in western Queensland.
A Morning Glory cloud is mathematically known as a solitary wave - a single crest that moves without changing its shape or speed. In the Gulf, the humidity is just right to generate this impressive phenomenon."

Jane

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Jane love your pixs ,these photos of nature are amazing.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

WOW!!  I'm assuming the 'Gulf' you are referring to is NOT the Gulf of Mexico!!!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Blimey Jane - that is just soooo unreal! How Fabulous  :teddybear:

Yes, Danni - i am a scaredy cat. Never used to be scared of anything but i got wiser as i got older and now hide under the stairs whenever there's a thunderstorm - i used to hide under the bed but the dust bunnies scared me off he he he
bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_sad  bear_shocked  bear_shocked

Penny  bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Geez, those pictures are amazing.  Awe inspiring.  Scary.  Remarkable.  Makes you feel pretty solid in the belief that there's something bigger out there, driving all of this stuff, eh?

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Amazing photos Fran and Jane - thanks for sharing .

Hugs
Carolyn

Board footer