Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

A few days ago I received a pick-up notice from my Post Office. Because it's near Christmas it took a couple of days for me to brave the crowds and get the item. To receive the item I had to show my driver's license and a credit card. I thought, wow! this must be a very special message! I got an envelope stating "ID RECORDED" bear_ermm  GUess what  bear_tongue  It was some kitten noses?! OK, it's probably on our end  bear_whistle We have to watch those dangerous kitten noses!
Karen

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado
BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_grin Your end got it wrong! The 'ID Recorded' is done by the Australian Post Office to indicate that the person sending the item has been identified or is know to them. These are addition security measures to assist the postal carriers and the receiving postal system. We have to produce a driver's license or some other form of ID.

There you go so they weren't dangerous kitty noses!  bear_grin

Hugs Lyn bear_flower

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

We have the same thing here in Canada Karen, if we have to go to the post office to pick something up we have to show picture ID and we have to sign for it.

big hugs

Shane

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

When we send a item overseas we have to show ID, and they put a sticker on it to say Our Id has been recorded. So if its drugs or anything like that the other country will know who sent it and that person will been in huge trouble. Its a security measure.

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

:crackup:  i've had id recorded stuff from australia too, it just means i have to sign for it when it gets to my house. if i'm not in and have to go to the post office, then we have to produce I.D. to collect any parcel.

Stellajella Wien

Karen, where would we end up, if everybody could send and receive kitten noses just like that!  :crackup:

Gaby bear_flower

karenaus Melbourne
Website

That ID recorded came in after September 11, after they realised that a bomb could be put in airmail that goes on 'civilian' planes overseas and well.... you can imagine the rest.  If the post office knows you, they dont require you to show your ID ( one of the perks of living in the sticks for me lol) But if you go somewhere they dont know you, out comes the driver's licence bear_happy
   I am surprised that with the security consciousness in the rest of the world, others haven't picked up on something similar.

Board footer