Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I have just opened a shop on www.artfire.com

They are a venue similar to Etsy, but at least they have an Artist Bear category under their Dolls category.  Something we haven't been able to get Etsy to do so far.

They have a special at the moment as a start up.  The first 5000 artist to join the full programme, get a lifetime rate of $7.00 per month to list unlimited numbers of items, with no other fees for any sales.  Normally it will be $20.00 per month.  Check out their home page for details.  You can also join a free part of the site, but with more limited resources.  I will let you play around and investigate that option if you are interested.  They have lots of advertising planned to attract visitors, so I thought I would jump in and get the $7.00 lifetime rate.

I have only listed one bear at this stage as life is a bit crazy at the moment with Christmas preparations.  Hope to get another listed soon.  Listing and setting up the shop was easy, especially with my limited computer skills.  Please visit my shop if you have a moment,  www.BootButtonBears.artfire.com       I have only just done it so I am still learning all the gizmos.

Thought it might be of interest to someone else as well.

Sudey Sudey Babes
Northeast Ohio

I just started my studio with Artfire this week and have been very happy with the response/views so far. They seem to be very keyed in to the sellers needs. I've gone with the intro rate for unlimited listings.

Peek in and have a look around. It's seems like they will be making some serious advertising.

Please stop by at my studio, too, if you get a chance :)
http://Sudey.artfire.com

Peace!

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Christine,

Thank you so much for the link, that was sweet of you  -  it looks interesting and may be a brave bunny and give it a go!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

Thanks Christine.  I checked out Artfire.  So far, I like it.  Too bad the "Artist Bear" section is hidden in the Dolls & Minatures section.  It would be nice if it had its own category.  I think I'll e-mail them and ask for our own Teddy Bear section or at least ask if they can change the name of Dolls and Miniatures to "Dolls, Teddy Bears and Miniatures".  Might be a good idea if other people do the same and perhaps they will change it.

I have signed up for the free membership right now.  Do you know if the $7.00 per month applies each and every month or only the months that you list something?  I will need to check it out further soon, but thought you might know.

Also, did you know that if you refer 10 people, you get a free lifetime membership?  I listed you as the one that referred me so that's one referral you have for sure.

Peggy

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

I also created a studio on Art Fire earlier this week and I must say I'm very impressed with their customer service  bear_thumb

www.jigpaws.artfire.com

Shelley Bossert (NCTeddyBearLady) was on the phone to the president of the site for over an hour and she was VERY impressed with him. She spoke to him about the needs of the bear making community and how it would be really helpful if we had our own category on this site and he seems really supportive of the idea.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  Thanks Shelley :clap: bear_flower :clap:

I've also signed up for the $7 a month membership as there's limited spaces and I usually spend too much time thinking about things and miss out so this time I decided not to waste any time and just 'went for it'  bear_grin

Here's hoping we have another viable alternative to ebay  bear_original

Hugs
Janice

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

I also just created my own studio and listed a couple of items.  I e-mailed them about getting our own teddy bear category and within 15 minutes a girl from Artfire called me and said they are working on setting up the new category right now and it should be up and running very soon.  Wow - now that's great service!

Also, as I mentioned earlier, if you refer 10 people and they sign up under you, you can get a lifetime free membership.  That's fabulous!  If anyone is going to sign up, and you want to use me as your referral, I would be SO greatful!  Thanks.

My studio is www.lakelandteddies.artfire.com

Peggy

smdogs gone to the dogs/sm dog designs
Kansas City Missouri
Website

glacer-1.jpgHi all,

I too have also created a studio in Artfire. I have listed my little Glacer.
It sounds like a great place and very easy to list items.

I agree with everyone about giving it a try.

www.gonetothedogs.artfire.com

Sheryl

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Thanks, Christine, Art Fire looked good to me ...so I joined too (and listed you as a referral). $7 a month is quite a deal (way better than $20)!

I have not listed anything yet but my address will be
http://MinkBears.artfire.com

One more place to be seen...if they advertise as much as they say they will then this should be a good site.
Thanks for sharing.
bear_thumb
Kathy

Adelaide
Website

Artfire are new, but they seem to be very receptive to listening to what artists want.   Etsy have resisted up to now to give us a Artist Bear category.  Art Fire currently have a Dolls and Miniatures section, and you can then go from this to an Artist Bear section.  They have said that they are working on giving us a Bear section for artists.  At least they respond and are positive.  Fingers crossed that it all happens.  Anyway, I am happy to support this new venture, and hopefully they will recognise Artist Bears and give them the respect they deserve with their own section.  Etsy have not been willing to do so thus far.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Just had a peek at this site and it looks very promising. Do they have a link to PayPal?
Hugs
Gail

Adelaide
Website

Yes, I chose to pay my fee via Paypal, and you can chose to be paid for anything you sell via Paypal.

Board footer