Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Sapphire-Light Posts: 41

Dic-08-010.jpgI stared making plushies back in '95 after my heart operation I learned to make them from magazines, they relaxed me in those time of stress and pain.

But I left the activity in '98 when we moved from our old house and the box that had most of my hand made plushies (including some unfinished ones) and some of the materials too , my dad mistake it with a box of old clothes and it was given to the workers of his farm >-> So I never saw them again.

I'm not greedy, but most of those plushies wheren't child safe, beacause they didn't had washer in the eyes or nose, I hope no one had an accident with them.

Well, back to the present, i resenlty felt the need to make plushies again, so I searshed info in the net and find this great site

I tried the Goldie patter for making COTTON CANDY THE BEAR!!!! named after the my little pony LOL, she is done with faux fur and permanet makers.

Is the first time I use joints, I like how posable she is.

What do you think of the bear???? after 10 years without making them, I think I did it OK. My sister says she looks like she came out of a Tim Burton flim XD

Dic-08012.jpg
Dic-08001.jpg
Dic-08004.jpg
Dic-08006.jpg
Dic-08007.jpg
Dic-08008.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Nice job, Marcia . . . those green eyes are pretty.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

It is wonderful that you have found joy in the craft again after ten years.  You have done a really good job with this little bear and it is great that you have done joints on her.  Look forward to seeing your next bear too!!

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Love her pink colors bear_wub Very nice bear!   Maybe you will feel like making more bears??

Hugs,
              JeannieB bear_original

Sapphire-Light Posts: 41

Thank you so mush guys  bear_wub

I'm goin to make more plushies.  bear_laugh

Board footer