Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

LakeLouise.jpgIf you could jump on a plane tomorrow, all expenses paid, where is the one place you would like to go?   Is there a country or a really special place somewhere you have dreamed of going to - an image in your mind of the perfect holiday.  A photo would be great.

Here is mine.  I would love to visit Lake Louise in Canada.  It looks so beautiful and mystical to me, so very different from where I live in Australia.

Any other photos of your dream destination?

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow, what an amazing looking place. For me it would be New Zealand or Australia. I have said all my life I would visit these beautiful countries but sadly to date haven't. I hope your dream comes true for you Christine.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

England, England, England!!!!!!!  Where the shows like Marple and Midsomer Murders are filmed  bear_wub

puca bears puca bears

Need to go and fantasise a while on this one!!!!!!!
huggies
Maria

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Back to Ireland.... no question.

Ireland-images.gif

Though while it's snowing outside and there are two more ice storms in the forecast for us I'm thinking perhaps the Caribbean????

caribbean.jpg

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

We are about to jump on a plane...we are off to Florida with my little grand-daughter Elizabeth.....for a Disney vacation!!

But I would choose New Zealand I think...or back to Japan where I went a few years ago.....

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Always the Caribbean, that blue water gets to my sole, just to be in it and soak up the day.  Wether it be the Bahamma's, Aruba, Caymen Islands, St Johns, or even Bermuda in the summer, thats the place for me. I am thinking of it now and swaying to the breeze of the palms. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Christine...I stayed at the Chateau Lake Louise for several days about 15 years ago - it is a beautiful place. We walked around the right side of the lake and I remember sitting on a bench and chipmunks eating from our hands. The Chateau itself is lovely, with luxourious dining rooms and lots of shopping. I still have the jade and gold earrings I begged my husband to buy for me.

Now if I had a free trip - I'd be heading for Australia. Your country seems so exotic to me.

Marion

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Daphne,
     Thanks for the Ireland pics - that saved me a lot of googling  :crackup:   Seriously, I would looooove to go to Ireland - don't know why.  It's been a dream of mine since I was a child.  Funny thing is, I even married a fellow with Irish roots.  I think the name Power is a common name in Ireland, like Smith or Jones is here. 
     Second on the list is England as that is where our family is from and I'm the only one that's never been.  Like Sarah,  it would be fabulous to visit all the places they film Midsomer Murders!  I'd also like to see the lake district that Beatrix Potter was so instrumental in saving as a natural place.
I just need to win the lottery :crackup:

hugs,

Brenda

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I'd have to have a round the world ticket with unlimited stops and time, there are so many places I'd love to see.........Morrocco, Syria, Spain Italy, Ireland, France, Isle of Skye, South America, India.......... the list is endless. I do alot of armchair travelling via Telly and library books and get inspired to visit so many places. Even some places in OZ like the Northern Territory oh and of course I'd LOVE to ride one of those big wheeled buggies out onto the ice to see the Polar Bears!!!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I have loads of places I'd love to go, but Coffs Harbour in Australia is the place that immediately calls me!  I went from being a teen to a young adult there, so there are many wonderful (and some painful) memories that keep it alive in my heart.  I'm sure it's changed a lot since I lived there, but I there are some things that stay... like the jetty to Mutton Bird Island, the magic pools and the many beaches.  But I'd need all expenses paid for all of us (me, hubby, and 3 kids)...  I'll keep dreaming! 

coffs_jetty01.JPG

coffs011.jpg

puca bears puca bears

Ooooh LINDA - you and me both! I have a pact with a couple of friends - if ever one of us wins the lottery we're ALL going polar bear watching in the wild! My other dream would be one day to see the Aurora Borealis...........altho' BOTH dreams involve COLD - hmmmmmmmm..............
huggies
Maria

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

I'm with you Linda and Maria.......definitely polar bear watching  bear_thumb

Of course after all that cold I'd have to follow it up with a trip to Australia to warm myself up again  bear_grin

Hugs
Janice

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I would love to visit Egypt, it is something I have always wanted to see........the Egyptians have always fascinated me. I want to see The Sphinx and Great Pyramids, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. The Nile and King Tut...............that would really be interesting.
vacation2.jpg

vacation6.jpg

vacationking_tut_1.jpg

vacation10.jpg

vacation11.jpg

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Hello everyone-I am really enjoying this post.My dream vacation is to jump on a plane for England to stay a long long time.My grandmother was from Haslemere and she talked of it all her life (till she was 96!!!) I would love to walk the streets that she walked 100 years ago! I would love to see Windsor Castle, the Crown Jewels, Tower of London , Harrods etc etc. I would also like to be a customer at Hugglets! However, instead I will be jumping in my car tomorrow for a 24 hour drive to Daytona Beach for 5 weeks!! Maybe next year to England????Sincerely Jane D.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a wonderful question Christine!

I was lucky enough to visit your place you would like to go to and it was such a magical place.
The Banff Hotel and Lake Louise was a special place and loved the scenery - like something out of a fairy tale.
Travelling through the Canadian Rockies was beautiful.

At the moment the weather is lovely here and when we go the the beach later will try and take some photos
so I think that I am happy enough here.
I hope that you can make it over here one day Ladies if NZ is on your list.

One place I would love to go though would probably be Vienna - one day maybe.
Also to go back to France - I loved it there.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi Christine...
Here are a few pics of Lake Louise both in winter and in summer...the winter pics were taken in Dec. a few years ago when we stayed there and you could get away with wearing a fur coat...it's cold on the lake in the winter....but they have ice sculptures out on the frozen lake, you can skate and that night, we went on a sleigh ride part way up the lake...it was snowing and just like a picture post card.LakeLouise5-09_.jpg
The summer pics were a couple of years ago...we try to go up there every year...it really is very beautiful.LakeLouise1-09_.jpgLakeLouise2-09_.jpgLakeLouise3-09_.jpgLakeLouise4-09_.jpg

Hugs, Nancy

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Italian_Lakes1.jpgThe Italian Lakes!....soooo beautiful  bear_wub ....also agree about the Lake District here in UK as I used to live there....and I now live in Gloucestershire....with pretty Cotswold villages just like Midsomer Murders series!  bear_original .....Count me in Maria as I would also love to see the Aurora Borealis  bear_thumb
Hugs Lynne  :hug:

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Oooh, nice choice.. not too far from where I live... about a 4 hour drive. I've never been right to the lake.. but have driven through the mountains there many, many times. The highway between Jasper and Banff is fantastic.
Myself, I would love to go to England... It has such history that we just don't have here. I would love to go look at old buildings. 
Hugs,
Melanie

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

There are far to many places to name.  My favourite island is Grenada in the Caribbean, I'd love to retire there.  I love England have been there many times.  Love to go to Spain, Germany, Australia, Japan.  Like you Maria one day when I win the lottery  :crackup:  :crackup: .

hugs

Shane

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

It is wonderful hearing about all your dream holidays.  I think having your dreams is so important... keeps you going!!!  And keeps you buying lottery tickets.

Thank you so much to those who posted stories and pictures about Lake Louise.  It makes my resolve even stronger to get there one day.  It looks just so magical.  I perhaps best go in Spring/Summer though, as for someone who has never even seen snow, the Winter may bowl me over!!!

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

If I could jump on a plan with all expenses paid, a world trip would be wonderful! A return to Antarctica would be a must, a stop in China to see real Moon Bears and Panda Bears, Australia and a visit North to visit the Polar Bears in the wild!

pandamac

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

If I won the lottery, and had world enough and time, I would get on a plane for the South Pacific, and stop at Hawaii and Tahiti.  I would go on to New Zealand and Australia and spend as much time as I wanted at each stop.  Now to buy the winning lottery ticket!   bear_original

Board footer