Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi does anyone know where I can get some really good teddy clothing for an old bear. I want a navy colour sailor jacket. The bear is called Horatio so I think he would look great in a sailor jacket. I would make one but I can't get the pattern right.

Jane.  bear_original

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Jane...are you going to the NEC next week? Because there is usually a lady there who makes teddy clothes...and dolls clothes. I don't know what she's called though.

I had a great book of old style dolls clothes that I used as the basis for some pretty simple patterns...dead easy to make yourself...I got it off Amazon. I have lent it to a friend but there are loads of those sort of books about.

Jenny

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi Jane. We sell tons of teddy bear clothes on the web site. They are beautifully made. I do have a navy sailor skirt and top set that is really nice. The top might work?

1cl18.jpg

Many Hugs Louise

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Louise, what a darling outfit!

Jane, perhaps you could manage some white pants to go with the top and hat??

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Louise - the clothes are fabulous  :clap:

I adore the little velevt puppy coat outfit - don't tell me you sit and make all those yourself???!!!!!

You must be a saint  bear_innocent  bear_innocent  bear_innocent

Wonderful stuff  :love:

Penny

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

What a cute outfit!  I want to learn to make teddy clothing but I have only made pajama pants and draperies so far.... that is next on my list!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Jane,

Have you tried searching eBay for children's clothing?

Eileen

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Jenny what was the name of that book from Amazon you got ,I purchase a book form them 7 weeks ago and still waiting do you think i will get it Fran

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Fran...I missed this, sorry...it's the Complete Dolls Dressmaker...I also have Authentic Victorian Dolls clothes ( not so good) and Miniature Millinery...excellent!!!!

There's also a great cloth doll book with wonderful outfits...they fit bears better...easy peasy patterns...I think it's called Cloth Dolls and Their Clothes....something like that...my mum has it ...I'll check and get back to you!!

Jenny

Dilu Posts: 8,574

HI yA PenPen

This is right down my alley- could you send me a pic of what you had in mind, also include the shoulder, chest and tumtum measurements and also include neck measurements and length of arm.....I can try to help you with a pattern then you could whip it up

Wonks

tarnuf Hamilton New Zealand

bear_wub I make and design my own clothes for my bears. I brought a book called Custom Dressing Dolls by Helen Hansen. It shows you what measurements to take and how to use these to make your own clothes. Its shows you how to make everything right down to shoes and accessories. It even tells you how to work from a photo. I am a beginner sewer but have had great success with this book. Will post some pictures soon. Hope this helps.

Tania bear_flower

teddy.co.za Chiane Bears
648 Harney Rd, Kei Mouth, 5260

Has any one else heard of a book on how to make teddy bear clothes?
I have a clothing store (TEdgars) on my website, but would like to add a designer range to it.
bear_whistle  bear_whistle

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

I make my bears' clothing using the drape method with paper towels.  Once the bear is completed, I pin paper towels onto him by poking the pins directly into his seam lines (he really doesn't mind) and cut the pattern lines out as I pin, allowing for whatever ease is necessary for the design.  Once they are cut out, I take the paper towels off the bear and then sew them together on the machine using a long basing stitch.  Then I try the sewn paper towel garment on him again and make any necessary adjustments.  Once the garment fits like I want it to, I remove all the stitches and make a real pattern with all the edges soothed out and the seam allowances included.  This works for dolls as well.  Hope I explained this OK!  bear_flower

Board footer