Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Densteds Densteds
Website

I received this email today......

It has been so hot in SA for over a week…40+ degrees Celsiuseveryday, very dry also.

A guy at work lives at Maude.  His wife sent him these photos of a little Koala which just walked into the back porch looking for a bit of heat relief.  She filled up a bucket and this is what happened!

koala.jpg

koala2.jpg

koala3.jpg

koala4.jpg

koala5.jpg

Poor little pet...he must have been desperate because Koalas rarely drink water they get most of what they need from the eucalypt leaves they eat. The bush animals must be suffering so much in this heat.. South Australia has recently had temperatures of 115 degrees Farenheit 45 Celsius......

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Oh wow Denise, how wonderful! What a thrill that must have been for them. How cute is that little Koala.
        The poor creatures must really have been suffering- I have noticed the birds were noticeably quieter than usual during the hottest weather last week. I am so glad we are through our heatwave,  fingers crossed S.A is through it soon!

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

What a lovely koala bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
At least he was able to get a drink and cool himself down for a while.
Laurie :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thank you so much Denise for sharing this wonderful set of pictures. Poor little guy, thank goodness he was able to get some relief from the heat. I feel so sorry for the other wildlife who have not managed to reach shelter and water. If I lived out there I would leave bowls of water around my property and keep them topped up.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Denise,

Wow!  bear_thumb
I wonder how long it stayed for and if it will return? bear_grin  bear_grin

Love kayx. bear_wub

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

That is so cool!  I have the critters that show up here on occasion for a hand out, but nothing along the lines of a koala.   Of course if a koala showed up at my house, I would know that I was at the wrong house (wrong country).

FrizzyBear New York

Awe, the poor little thing!  It's wonderful that there was someone thoughtful enough to give him a drink and a dunk!

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

Wow thats cool!!! . YES ITS HOT. and we have no relief until Sunday. I am somehow ever getting use to it and not really feeling it any more.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Oh poor sweetie, thank goodness someone was on hand to offer a little help. Super pictures of the lil guy.  bear_flower

Regards

Lisa

Lynn Wisconsin

What an cutie!!  He looks very comfortable sitting in the water.

LYnn

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

WOW  how adorable is that,  love the pics of this little guy so so adorable.  Nothing like this would show up on my doorstop,  maybe a skunk or a raccoon and they are not near as cute as a Koala.

thanks for posting

big hugs

Shane

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

That is so cool! What cute critters koalas are!

Manuela Furry Critters
Website

He looks so cute. Poor little koala.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, my goodness!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  How precious!!! Poor hot baby!!
Wish I could send some of this darn show down there!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Awe wow.  I love these pictures.  What a darling koala bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   What a treat to see these.  Thanks.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super great photos, Denise . . . thanks for sharing with us!!!  That little guy is so lucky and soooo cute.  Would love to see him at my back door - we have only stray cats, dogs, raccoons, possums, snakes, and coyotes wanting handouts at my house.

Sudey Sudey Babes
Northeast Ohio

Bless her(his?) little heart.

This gave me a well needed smile. Thank-you!

ciderantiques Ciderantiques and Old Soul Bears
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Oh . . he's adorable!  Looks quite happy in his little pool ! 

~ karen

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I am in Adelaide as well, and we are suffering so much with the heat wave.  We put out water too for the wild animals to come and get some respite.  My step son put some water out at his place yesterday, and when he looked out the window, a six foot brown snake had come for a drink.  They are fatal if they bite you, and so he had the water bowl all to himself!!!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

How adorable!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Amazing and Adorable!!!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  What a memorable experience!  I was in Australia for 5 years when I was younger & only saw 2 koala's in the wild... and we went hiking a lot.  Thank you for sharing!!   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

so cute!!!!   bear_wub  bear_wub   But I feel bad he was so hot.  bear_sad

MZemeski Posts: 151

Isn't it sooooo cute!! It makes you want to pick it up and hug it.

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Oh that breaks my heart! I just hate to see an animal suffer.  That's one of the reasons I quit eating them. Poor thing must have been desperate for water. Thank goodness for a helping hand!! So cute he climbed into the bucket and looked right at the camera too!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

oh my...poor little guy was thirsty and hot....those are truely amazing pictures.

Board footer